My Winter Vacation Sucks

I'm getting lazy. The daily task I assigned myself has been set aside for long, actually, I've never touched any printed English materials piled on my desk. I tried to read some online but I just couldn't take in anything. It's been long since last time I add some new words to my imaginary dictionary in my mind. The only practice I do is to write entries here and watch movies with subtitles. I can't imagine how far behind I'll fall when the new semester starts.

I used to think vacation means a lot of gatherings with old friends. But this time, everyone seems to miss their university lives so early that they have made their home dorms. They would rather stay at home, watching American TV series than go out for some activities. "What else can I do in such a small town?" They always say and turn down my proposals. I really want to visit my high school teachers. Telling them about our colorful lives beyond the moutains can be the best way to express our gratitude. Few are interested in it. I've also been dreaming of going hiking with them, which used to serve as our regular activity. We'd sit in a round beside the waterfalls, share happiness and bitterness we went through faraway from home, and support each other over rocks and streams. But now they are just more interested in the syber world and friends on a cold screen. During a few times out, they were so focused on the mobile phones -- more conversations took place online even if we were walking side by side!

I really don't know what's wrong. It's sad. We are going to graduate soon, which means we can only meet less than twice a year. We are always complaining that people are getting more and more indifferent and cold, but who can we blame? The friendship built in high school, which exists among the fellows who have supported you, encouraged you and helped you go through University Entrance Examination, who have lifted you up to fly higher and farther, can be one of the most precious treasures in your life. Whenever I walk into a lecture room in university and see all the strange faces around me, I'll think of the familiar smiles that I saw everyday for 3 years. Whenever I jog alone on the empty playground, I'll think of the days when we walked around the small playground, talking about our dreams. I always miss you.

I really miss you, my distanced close friends.

My Winter Vacation Sucks

I'm getting lazy. The daily task I assigned myself has been set aside indefinitely for long, Actually, I've never I haven't touched any printed English materials piled on my desk. I tried to read some online, but I just couldn't take in anything. It's been a long time since I last time I added some new words to my imaginary dictionary in my mind. The only practice I do is to write entries here and watch movies with subtitles. I can't imagine how far behind I'll have fallen when the new semester starts.

I used to think vacation means meant a lot of gatherings with old friends. But this time, everyone seems to miss their university lives so early that they have made their home dorms.(Not sure of your meaning in the preceding sentence.) They would rather stay at home, watching American TV series than go out for some activities. "What else can I do in such a small town?" They always say and turn down my proposals. I really want to visit my high school teachers. Telling them about our colorful lives beyond the moutains can be the best way to express our gratitude. Few are interested in it. I've also been dreaming of going hiking with them, which used to serve as our regular activity. We'd sit in a round circle beside the waterfalls, share the happiness and bitterness we went through faraway from home, and support each other over rocks and streams. But now they are just more interested in the cyber world and friends on a cold screen. During a few times out, they were so focused on their mobile phones -- that more conversations took place online, even if we were walking side by side!