The candlemas

Next days I must go to the countryside because I have to cut down the branches of the olives trees. Then I'll go there until Sunday and Monday I'll go back here.

About the pruning, first, I chop the branch from the tree and after, over the ground, I separate the small branches of the logs. The logs are used in the fireplace, then I have to pick they up and I make a pile orderly and after I cover they wit a big plastic canvas.

The small branches are burned on this date, after the harvest have ended. Big piles of branches are made, and when there are a lot of piles, I go to each pile and I light with a match.

Some years ago this activity was made at night because in the night time the wind blow nothing. This now is forbidden because in spring pasture can burns. Now, in winter there is no pasture only wet grass. It only allows to light the piles during the daytime. However, I light at nigh, it's beautiful to see five or six big candles burned in the dark, with the shadows along far, very far. I feel below the stars and near the fires like the humans felt thirty thousands years ago. When half an hour passes I must light other candles.

In this days, specifically, on February the second, a great party is celebrated in many towns of Spain, this festival is "La Candelaria" or the candlemas.

People says the origin of this festival is Celtic, but I think this feast is universal because the branches of the trees are cut in all world in this time, in late winter and early spring.

When the trees are still sleeping.

The candlemas

In the next few days I must go to the countryside because I have to prune the branches of the olives trees. Then I'll stay there until Sunday and on Monday I'll come back here.

About the pruning, first, I cut the branches from the trees and I spread them over the ground, I separate the small branches from the logs. The logs are used in the fireplace, so I have to pick them up and I put them in an orderly pile, then I cover them with a big plastic sheet.

The small branches are burned on this date, after the harvest has ended. Big piles of branches are made, and when there are a lot of piles, I go to each pile and I light themwith a match.

Some years ago this activity was done at night because during the night time the wind does not blow as much as it does during the day. This is now is forbidden because in spring the grass can burn. Now, in winter there is no pasture only wet grass. You are only allowed to light the piles during the daytime. However, I light them at night, it's beautiful to see five or six big candles burning in the dark, with their shadows flickering over the ground. Sitting beneath  the stars and next to the fire gives me a feeling of how people must have felt thirty thousands years ago. When half an hour passes I need to light more candles.

On February the second, a great party is celebrated in many Spanish towns, this festival is "La Candelaria" or the candlemas.

People says the origin of this festival is Celtic, but I think this feastival is universal because the branches of the trees are cut in all parts of the world at this time, in late winter and early spring.

When the trees are still sleeping.

Nice story Dani, I have not seen the word ''candlemas'' in English so I am not sure what it means. It sounds great, sitting around a fire beneath the stars.

Kind regrads

The Candlemas

In the next few days I must go to the countryside because I have to cut down beter: prune the branches of the olives trees. Then I'll go there until Sunday and Monday I'll go come back here.

About the pruning, first, I chop cut  the branch from the tree and after, over the ground, I separate the small branches of the logs. The logs are used in the fireplace, then I have to pick they them up and I make an orderly pile and after I cover they them with a big plastic sheet canvas

The small branches are burned on this date, after the harvest have has ended. Big piles of branches are made and,  when there are a lot of piles, I go to each pile and I light them with a match.

Some years ago this activity was made done at night because in the night time the wind doesn't blow nothing. This is now is forbidden because in spring pasture hay can burns. Now, in winter there is no pasture hay, only wet grass. It is only allows allowed to light the piles during the daytime. However, I light at nigh, it's beautiful to see five or six big candles burned in the dark, with the long shadows on the ground along far, very far. Below the stars and near the fires  I feel like the humans felt thirty thousands years ago. When half an hour passes I must light other candles. 

In this days, specifically, On February the second, a great party is celebrated in many towns of Spain, this festival is "La Candelaria" or the Candlemas.

When the trees are dormant still sleeping.

I think by pasture you mean 'hay' or dried grass. This was quite poetic and you conjured up an image of rural life that goes back thousands of years.