Cambridge IELTS 8. :) Test 3. Could you please help me, and correct my notes. Thank you in advance.

The line graph compares the changes which took place in the proportion of transported goods which transmitted by four different modes of transport, namely road, water, rail, and pipeline over the time period from 1974 to 2002.
With regards to transporting by pipeline, there was an upward trend between 1974 and 1994, increasing from around 10 million tonnes in 1974 to slightly over 20 million tonnes in 1994, after which it leveled out. However, the amount of merchandise transported by rail slumped steadily from 40 million tonnes in 1974 to approximately 30 million tonnes in 1994 before starting to increase moderately again to over 40 million tonnes by 2002.
It has been observed from the data given that transporting by road had the highest popularity among the four modes of transport listed in the given period. Obviously, there was a dramatic rise in this type of transport between 1974 and 2002, soaring from roughly 70 million tonnes to slightly under 100 million tones, except for a negligible decline in the mid-1980s.
Furthermore, the proportion of products transmitted by water was the second popular type of transport. Between 1974 to 2002, it saw a substantial growth from 14 million tonnes to 16 million tonnes. However, from the early 1980s to early 1990s, the amount of transported goods remained unchanged at around 60 million tones.
To conclude, it is clear that roads were by far the most popular mode of transports in the given period, while pipeline had the least popularity.

The line graph compares the changes which took place in the proportion of transported goods which carried by four different modes of transport, namely road, water, rail, and pipeline, over the time period from 1974 to 2002.
    With regards to transporting by pipeline, there was an upward trend between 1974 and 1994, increasing from around 10 million tonnes in 1974 to slightly over 20 million tonnes in 1994, after which it leveled out. However, the amount of merchandise moved by rail slumped steadily from 40 million tonnes in 1974 to approximately 30 million tonnes in 1994, before starting to increase moderately again to over 40 million tonnes by 2002.
    It has been can be observed from the data given that transshipment by road had the highest popularity was the most popular among the four modes of transport listed in the given period. Obviously, there was a dramatic rise in this type of transport between 1974 and 2002, soaring from roughly 70 million tonnes to slightly under 100 million tones, except for a negligible decline in the mid-1980s.
    Furthermore, shipment of products transmitted by water was the second most popular type of transport. Between 1974 to 2002, it saw a substantial growth from 14 million tonnes to 16 million tonnes. However, from the early 1980s to early 1990s, the amount of transported goods remained unchanged at around 60 million tonnes.
    To conclude, it is clear that roads were by far the most popular mode of transports in the given period, while pipeline had was the least popularity.

-I substituted 'shipment' and 'transshipment' and 'moved' as possible alternatives to overusing 'transport'. I believe you used it 10 times in about 20 lines. Use synonyms for variety, and try not to use the same long word twice in the same sentence.

-'Transmitting' is slightly wrong in this context. I'm struggling to explain the difference, but 'transmission' usually involves sending something like electricity, radio waves, or even disease. When moving bulk items, we use 'transport'.