You spend half of your life trying to left your hometown and the other half trying to go back!

I was born in a little village in the north of Spain and despite of having a happy childhood, I would dream about living in a city. When I was 16, I asked my mum if I could go to Burgos (one of the closest cities) in order to study the last 2 years of high school.; she accepted and I felt that a new life would start. After 2 years I moved to a bigger city, Bilbao and I started to study Image and Sound. Soon, I got a job as a camera operator and worked for 6 years. During those years I had amazing experiencies, met really interesting people (famous and unknown) and travelled a lot. However, I got tired of not knowing when I was going to start or finish my working day. Most of the days I didn´t know if I could had dinner at home or if the phone was going to ring at 3 am and I´d have to jump off the bed. After 6 years I realized that it wasn´t the kind of live I wanted for myself in the future, so, I quit it and went off to Sweden for 4 months. It was an incredible experienced since it was wintertime and I had never been at -24ºC! Then I spent 6 months in Ireland . I had liked to stay there longer, but I had a boyfriend and coming to Ireland was imposible for him and I thought it was time to go back home. I felt in love with that country and its people, so I go back there every year since then. Nowdays I´m married and living in my village again! Happy of being close to my parents and meeting my friends to grab a drink or have dinner in less than 10 minutes. If I miss something from the city, I just have to take my car and drive for one hour, the rest of my time, I prefer living in my village.

You spend half of your life trying to left leave your hometown and the other half trying to go back!

I was born in a little village in the north of Spain and despite of having a happy childhood, I would dream about living in a city. When I was 16, I asked my mum if I could go to Burgos (one of the closest cities) in order to study during the last 2 years of high school (When I was 16, I asked my mum if I could go to Burgos for my last two years of high school); she accepted consented and I felt that a new life would start (begin). After 2 years I moved to a bigger city, Bilbao and I started to study Image and Sound. Soon, I got a job as a camera operator and worked for 6 years. During those years I had amazing experiencies, met really interesting people (famous and unknown) and travelled a lot. However, I got tired of not knowing when I was going to start or finish my working day. Most of the days (On most days) I didn´t know if I could had have dinner at home or if the phone was going to ring at 3 am and I´d have to jump off the out of bed. After 6 years I realized that it wasn´t the kind of life I wanted for myself in the future, so I quit it and went off to Sweden for 4 months. It was an incredible experienced since it was wintertime and I had never been at -24ºC!(experienced temperatures as low as -24ºC!) Then I spent 6 months in Ireland . I had would have liked to stay there longer, but I had a boyfriend and coming to Ireland was impossible for him and I thought it was time to go back home. I felt fell in love with that country and its people, so I go back (so I have been going back) there every year since then. Nowadays I'm married and living in my village again! Happy of at being close to my parents and meeting my friends to grab a drink or have dinner in less than 10 minutes. If I miss something from the city, I just have to take my car and drive for one (an) hour. The rest of my the time, I prefer living in my village.

Paloma, excellent writing. My highlighted suggestions are only to make it sound more fluent.

You spend half of your life trying to left leave your hometown and the other half trying to go back!

I was born in a little village in the north of Spain, and despite of having a happy childhood, I would dream about living in a city. When I was 16, I asked my mum if I could go to Burgos (one of the closest cities) in order to study during the last 2 years of high school.; she accepted and I felt that a new life would start. After 2 years I moved to a bigger city, Bilbao, and I started to study Image and Sound. Soon, I got a job as a camera operator and worked for 6 years. During those years I had amazing experiencies, met really interesting people (famous and unknown) and travelled a lot. However, I got tired of not knowing when I was going to start or finish my working day. Most of the days I didn´t know if I could had have dinner at home or if the phone was going to ring at 3 am and I´d have to jump out of the bed. After 6 years I realized that it wasn´t the kind of live life I wanted for myself in the future, so, I quit it and went off to Sweden for 4 months. It was an incredible experienced since it was wintertime and I had never been at experienced -24ºC! Then I spent 6 months in Ireland. I had would have liked to stay there longer, but I had a boyfriend; and coming to Ireland was imposible for him and I thought it was time to go back home. I felt fell in love with that country and its people, so I go back there every year since then. Nowdays I´m married and living in my village again! Happy of being close to my parents and meeting my friends to grab a drink or have dinner in less than 10 minutes. If I miss something from the city, I just have to take my car and drive for one hour. The rest of my  the time, I prefer living in my village.

----

Very good over all! I think if you say you "have been at -24ºC" it will be interpreted as you saing that -24ºC was the temperature of your body! You could also say "I had never been to a place that was -24ºC"