Wheather is changing?

I´ve been in Australia for a few months now. And all the people tell you that weather has changed in the last years. I don´t know how it was before, but what I know is that it changes really quickly. In the morning can be sunny then in the afternoon raining. One day you have a thunderstorm next day 40 degrees.
I don´t know if this is happening every where, because I see the tv and there is always a weather emergency, but I don´t know if this is just because weather news have more cover now because of the global warming awareness....
What do you think?

Is the weather changing?

I´ve been in Australia for a few months now. And all the people tell you that the weather has changed in the last few years. I don´t know how it was before, but what I know is that it changes really quickly. In the morning it can be sunny and then in the afternoon, raining. One day you have a thunderstorm, the next day, 40 degree heat.
    I don´t know if this is happening everywhere, because I see on the TV that there always seems to be a weather emergency, but I don´t know if this is just because weather news has more coverage now because of increased global warming awareness....
    What do you think?