Why do we like certain languages?

We all have favourite (I am trying to learn British, actually, even though I don't understand why I can't use "favorite") countries that we want to visit. Which are the things that we're based on when we choose them? Perhaps the language, the culture, pictures or friends' opinions. But what about countries that we don't want to visit, or languages that we don't like? And what is with that feeling called "patriotism"? I think it's another way to show how much we love ourselves. Not for nothing we write "I" with capital "I", at least in English.
Of course you can't admire all the countries, nor learn all the languages, but we are very fond on some of them. One of the reasons we learn some languages is that we need them for the influence of the countries where they are spoken. But we do like languages which don't have a good compact in the world. Sometimes I wonder: did I study English if it wouldn't be spoken all over the world? I'm not sure, but I would still like how it sounds. Do we like a language only by its sound? Perhaps this is the main reason... Why do I like Japanese? Because it sounds like it is always spoken by a little sweet kid. Why do I like Italian? Because it seems to be spoken by confident people and the accent is nice. Lately I began to like Russian, for my surprise. If I keep it that way I will be like those, truly less, people who like all the languages.
I didn't know what to write about at 23:55, so I thought to talk about languages. :)

Why do we like certain languages?

We all have favourite (I am trying to learn British English, actually, even though I don't understand why I can't use "favorite") countries that we want to visit. Which are the things that we base our decisions on when we choose them? Perhaps the language, the culture, pictures or friends' opinions. But what about countries that we don't want to visit, or languages that we don't like? And what is with that feeling called "patriotism"? I think it's another way to show how much we love ourselves. Not for nothing we write "I" with capital "I", at least in English.
    Of course you can't admire all the countries, nor learn all the languages, but we are very fond on some of them. One of the reasons we learn some languages is that we need them for the influence of the countries where they are spoken. But we do like languages which don't have a good compact in the world. Sometimes I wonder: would I study English if it wouldn't weren't be spoken all over the world? I'm not sure, but I would still like how it sounds. Do we like a language only by its sound? Perhaps this is the main reason... Why do I like Japanese? Because it sounds like it is always spoken by a little sweet kid. Why do I like Italian? Because it seems to be spoken by confident people and the accent is nice. Lately, I began to like Russian, for to my surprise. If I keep it that way I will be like those, truly less, people who like all the languages.

[Your English is very good.  By the way, we capitalize 'I' not out of vanity, but because it kept getting mixed up with other words.  It used to be 'ich' and was changed to 'i', but that was too confusing.]