Comincio a apprendere l'italiano.

Mi piace la musica, i film, e viaggi. Non vedo l'ora di visitare Bologna.

OOPT

Comincio aD apprendere l'italiano.

Mi piacCIONO la musica, i film, e i viaggi. Non vedo l'ora di visitare Bologna.

You'll have fun there!

Comincio (ora) a(d) apprendere/imparare l'italiano.

Mi piacciono la musica, i film e i viaggi. Non vedo l'ora di visitare Bologna.

You can turn "a" into "ad" (or "e" into "ed") when the next word begins with another vowel (especially if it is the same vowel as in this case). But this is not mandatory. We do it in order to ease pronunciation and speed up speaking, because you now pronounce the two words as one ("adapprendere"), while if you say "a apprendere" you must make a short pause between the "a" and "apprendere". You cannot spell two a's in a row without a pause between them :-) 

ora=both hour and now. You can also say adesso, which means only now

apprendere (stress on e) is formal, prendere is to take and apprendere is to take on (your head), that is learning

imparare (stress on second a) is informal. Parare (stress on second a) in this case means "to get" (a notion) in (im) your head, that is again to learn. Andare a parare is to get/drive at. Where do you want to get at? Dove vuoi andare a parare? is just an elaborate way to say what's your point? or what do you mean.

Comincio ad apprendere l'italiano.

Mi piace la musica, i film e anche viaggiare. Non vedo l'ora di visitare Bologna.

Comincio ad apprendere l'italiano.

Mi piace la musica, i film, e i viaggi. Non vedo l'ora di visitare Bologna.

Come and see Venice if you haven't yet :)

More notebook entries written in Italian