Forty minutes without electricity

It happened a few days ago. It got dark and I had to learn at history. All the electronics were off. I could wager I don't use electricity at all, until the light has switched off. Suddenly I felt scared, confused, nervous... I don't know exactly how. The thing is I got a little panic for a few seconds, as if the whole life would have gotten to an end. That was ironically, as the electricity is not life. Then, I began to feel calm and patient, reading with a tiny source of light from two candles. Immediately, I was acting like a foolish kid, playing with the wax. I always liked that. The only thing for that I regretted the power outage was that I thought I would miss the episode of the series I was watching. After about forty minutes I could use everything that had to do with electricity. Of course, that night I wasn't relieved from the eternal story : "When I was at your age, I learned at the candles, because Ceauşescu was cutting off the lights at 8 p.m." ... and so on.
Our life is amazing with all we have, but if I felt well with silence around, why could I just turn off the lights and play with wax again? It would be strange, but nice. Spontaneous things are the greatest and we can't plan them.

Forty minutes without electricity

It happened a few days ago. It got dark and I had to study history. All the electronics were off. I could wager I don't use electricity at all, until the light has switched off. Suddenly I felt scared, confused, nervous... I don't know exactly how. The thing is, I got a little panicked for a few seconds, as if the whole life would have gotten had come to an end. That was ironic, as the electricity is not life. Then, I began to feel calm and patient, reading with a tiny source of light from two candles. Immediately, I was acting like a foolish kid, playing with the wax. I always liked that. The only thing for that I regretted with the power outage was that I thought I would miss the episode of the series I was watching. After about forty minutes I could use everything that had to do with electricity. Of course, that night I wasn't relieved spared from the eternal story : "When I was at your age, I learned at the candles, because Ceauşescu was cutting off the lights at 8 p.m." ... and so on.
    Our life is amazing with all we have, but if I felt well with silence around, why couldn't I just turn off the lights and play with wax again? It would be strange, but nice. Spontaneous things are the greatest and we can't plan them.

[Excellent work.  Your grammar and vocabulary are advanced.  By the way, I am spontaneous every Tuesday, from 8:07pm to 8:43pm. ;-)]