A Time When I Overslept And Missed My Own Birthday Party

Esther, a friend of mine, was born the third of April on 1979. I was born only one day after than her, indeed only a few hours later. We met at University time, and we had a group of friends where we used to give surprise birthday party to everyone. It was so funny because we even made T-shirts with picture and a gymkhana in order to the birthday person finds the presents.

Unfortunately, our birthdays were always in holidays. So, we had never got a surprise party. Owing to that, one year Esther and I decided to celebrate together our birthdays twice. Thereafter we celebrated one time by our own - going out together and giving a little surprise or present to each other - and a second time with our friends as usual.

Ten years ago, the night between third and fourth of April, when we became 23 years old, we went to have dinner to our favourite Japanese restaurant. That night was one of the most amazing night I've ever had. It was a really especial night, but it is not our bussiness in this post, so I'll only say that I arrived home the next day at 14 o'clock.

I was so happy and tired... So, I went directly to the bed forgetting to set the alarm clock. We had stayed that night at 10 o´clock to dinner in another friend's house and to watch a film.

I woke up at 12 o´clock in the evening. It was so late but I thought they would be still together and as I didn't want to stay at home in my birthday, I took a shower, got dressed quickly and went to my friend's house. I had a lot of miss-called in my mobile phone, but I dind't want to call back because I knew they was going to be very angry with me for the delay. Maybe they had been waiting for me to dinner!

I arrived in my friend's house at nearly the 2 o´clock and I found all my friends dancing and drinking in my own birthday party. Any dinner had been taking there neither a cinema session. It was my first surprise birthday party and I had missed it.

To make matters worst, a neighbour had called to the police because my friends had been making a lot of noise not allowing to sleep to his family. So, the police came and the party finished only ten minutes after I arrived there.

At least, I had a great night with Esther the day before. ;-)

Esther, a friend of mine, was born the third of April in 1979. I was born only one day after than her, indeed only a few hours later. We met at University time, and we had a group of friends where we used who liked to give surprise birthday parties to each other everyone. It was so funny because we even made T-shirts with a picture and a gymkhana in order to so that the birthday person could finds the presents.

Unfortunately, our birthdays were always in during the holidays so we had never got had a surprise party. Owing to that, Therefore, one year Esther and I decided to celebrate together our birthdays twice. Thereafter From then on we would celebrated one time by on our own - going out together and giving each other a little surprise or present to each other - and a second time with our friends as usual.

Ten years ago, on the night between the third and fourth of April, when we became turned 23 years old, we went to have dinner to at our favourite Japanese restaurant. That night was one of the most amazing nights I've ever had. It was a really special night, but it is not our bussiness I won't go into details in this post, so I'll only say that I arrived home the next day at 14 o'clock.

I was so happy and tired... So, I went directly to the bed forgetting to set the alarm clock. We had planned to go that night at 10 o´clock to dinner in at another friend's house and to watch a film.

I woke up at 12 o´clock in the evening. It was so late but I thought they would be still be together and as I didn't want to stay at home in my birthday, I took a shower, got dressed quickly and went to my friend's house. I had a lot of missed calls on my mobile phone, but I did't want to call back because I knew they was were going to be very angry with me for being so late.  the delay. Maybe they were still had been waiting for me to come to dinner!

I arrived in at my friend's house at nearly the 2 o´clock and I found all my friends dancing and drinking in at my own birthday party.They hadn't had a dinner or gone to see a movie. Any dinner had been taking there neither a cinema session. It was my first surprise birthday party and I had missed it.

To make matters worse, a neighbour had called to the police because my friends had been making a lot of noise which had prevented his family from sleepingnot allowing to sleep to his family. So, the police came and the party finished only ten minutes after I had arrived there.

A good story and one that you will never forget Mercedes!  I found it a bit confusing in parts with respect to the times and hope that my changes and additions reflect what you were attempting to convey.  Keep up these great posts!

Esther, a friend of mine, was born the third of on April 3rd on 1979. I was born only one day after than her, indeed only a few hours later. We met at University timein college/university and we had a group of friends; where we used to give surprise birthday partyes to everyone. It was so funny because we even made T-shirts with pictures and a gymkhana in order to so that the birthday person would finds find the presents.

Unfortunately, our birthdays were always in during the holidays. So, we had never got were able to have a surprise party. Owing Thus, to that, one year Esther and I decided to celebrate together our birthdays together twice. Thereafter we celebrated one time by ourselves own - going out together and giving a little surprise or present to each other - and a second time with our friends as usual.

Ten years ago, the night between the third and fourth of April, when we became 23 years old, we went to have dinner to at on of our favourite Japanese restaurants. That night was one of the most amazing nights I've I'd ever had. It was a really especial night, but it is not our bussiness in this post, so I'll only say that I arrived home the next day at 14 o'clock.

I was so happy and tired... So, I went directly to the bed forgetting to set the alarm clock. We had stayed up that night until at 10 o´clock to go to dinner in at another friend's house and to watch a film.

I woke up at 12 o´clock in the evening. It was so late but I thought they would be still together and as I didn't want to stay at home in on my birthday, I took a shower, got dressed quickly and went to my friend's house. I had a lot of missed called calls in on my mobile phone, but I dind't didn't want to call back because I knew they was were going to be very angry with me for the delay. Maybe they had been waiting for me to go to dinner!

I arrived in at my friend's house at nearly the 2 o´clock and I found all my friends dancing and drinking in at my own birthday party. Any dinner had been taking there neither a cinema session. (I didn't understand the second to last sentence...) It was my first surprise birthday party and I had missed it.

To make matters worstworse a neighbour had called to the police because my friends had been making a lot of noise not allowing to sleep to his family.  his family  sleep. So, the police came and the party finished only ten minutes after I arrived there.

Esther, a friend of mine, was born the third of April on 1979. I was born only one day after than her, indeed only a few hours later. We met at University time, and we had a group of friends in which we used to throw surprise birthday parties to everyone. It was so funny because we even made T-shirts with pictures and a game in order for the birthday person to find the presents.

Unfortunately, our birthdays were always in holidays. So, we had never had a surprise party. Owing to that, one year Esther and I decided to celebrate together our birthdays twice. Thereafter we celebrated one time by our own - going out together and giving a little surprise or present to each other - and a second time with our friends as usual.

Ten years ago, the night between third and fourth of April, when we became 23 years old, we went to have dinner at our favourite Japanese restaurant. That night was one of the most amazing nights I've ever had. It was a really especial night, but it is not our bussiness in this post, so I'll only say that I arrived home the next day at 14 o'clock.

I was so happy and tired... So, I went directly to the bed forgetting to set the alarm clock. We had stayed that night at 10 o´clock to dinner in another friend's house and to watch a film*.

I woke up at 12 o´clock in the evening. It was so late but I thought they would be still together and as I didn't want to stay at home in my birthday, I took a shower, got dressed quickly and went to my friend's house. I had a lot of missed calls in my mobile phone, but I didn't want to call back because I knew they were going to be very angry at me for the delay. Maybe they had been waiting for me to dinner!

I arrived at my friend's house nearly at the 2 o´clock and I found all my friends dancing and drinking in my own birthday party. There was no dinner or cinema session. It was my first surprise birthday party and I had missed it.

To make matters worst, a neighbour had called to the police because my friends had been making a lot of noise not allowing his family to sleep. So, the police came and the party finished only ten minutes after I arrived there.

---

That's very good! I only had a little difficulty understanding your time indications. You went out with Esther on April 3rd and came home at 14 o'clock in the afternoon on April 4th? So you stayed out the whole night and the next morning?

Afterwards, when you mention the appointment you had with your friends to have dinner and watch a movie, you say it was "that night at 10 o'clock". And then you wake up at 12 o'clock in the evening. It is a bit confusing, since it looks like you're using the 1h-24h system alternatively with the am/pm system.

It's always better to be sure, adding the am/pm indications when you're using that system. You can also use "midnight" and "midday" to indicate time more clearly.

*I am not sure I got this right, but I understood from the context of the story that you went to bed and had an appointment that same day to meet your friends at 10 pm. If this is the case, the phrase is not correct. You say "we had stayed that night at 10 o'clock" implying that that had already happened, but I am not sure that's what you mean. In any case, you should say "to have dinner" and "at another friend's house".