발렌타인 데이~ Korean Sentence

나는 언니가 초콜릿을 많이 먹을 바랍니다.

I hope you eat lots of chocolate.

I was writing to my friend for Valentine's Day and included a Korean sentence. Is it correct? I used Google Translate a little on the verbs in the sentence because I can't write Korean very well yet.

발렌타인 데이~ Korean Sentence

나는 언니가 초콜릿을 많이 먹을 바랍니다.

나는 언니가 초콜릿을 많이 먹기(or 드시기)를 바랍니다. or

나는 언니가 초콜릿을 많이 먹기(or 드시기)를 바래요.

It is better to use Korean language based on Listener. It means Listener is elder people than you and then You should use respectful word. It is Korean Cultute. However, It is good try considering for you are beginner. Besides, Native also undesrtand your sentence.

Do you know What is difference between 먹기 and 먹을?. 먹을 means eat. for example, I eat chocolate. 먹기 means also eat but it varies depending on situation. For example I hpoe my sister eat chocoalte.

I hope you eat lots of chocolate.

발렌타인 데이~ Korean Sentence

나는 언니(언니->너 // You wrote 'you' but 언니 means older sister, so you'd better write '너')가 초콜릿을 많이 먹을(먹을->먹기를) 바랍니다.

I hope you eat lots of chocolate. 

In fact, we use 받다(receive) for Valentine's chocolate instead of 먹다(eat). And, 바랍니다 is right expression but it is not smooth.

So, you can say like this :

나는 언니가 초콜렛을 많이 받았으면 좋겠어요.

Happy Valentine's day!:)

More notebook entries written in Korean