Arisan, Indonesian style of gathering

Today I had a family gathering, the gathering itself is Indonesian tradition, it called "arisan". The place where it helds can be someone's house, at the mall, cafe, or anywhere that every member thinks is cozy.

The main what we do here is collect money monthly, meet up every month, and people joined this activity have their names listed on a book like accounting book. One of a member draws a dip and the name came out deserves amount of money that have been collected together. In the next meeting, there will be another lucky member who will win the dip.

The funny thing of it is not winning a dip but to meet up and talk about everything with all the member. We know that socializing is our needs to refresh our moods. While socializing with friends we usually bring and eat sweet cakes and snacks as the complement.

Can you imagine how happy people after joined "arisan"?, in your country do you have any similar activity?

Arisan, Indonesian style of gathering

Today I had a family gathering. The gathering itself is Indonesian tradition, it called "arisan". The place where it is held can be someone's house, at the mall, cafe, or anywhere that every member thinks is cozy.

The main activity we do here is collect money monthly, meet up every month, and people who joined this activity have their names listed on a book, like an accounting book. One of the members draws a dip and the person whose name comes out wins the amount of money that has been collected together. In the next meeting, there will be another lucky member who will win the dip.

The funny thing of it is not winning a dip, but to meet up and talk about everything with all the members. We know that socializing is our need to refresh our moods. While socializing with friends, we usually bring and eat sweet cakes and snacks as the complement.

Can you imagine how happy people after joining "arisan"? In your country do you have any similar activity?

[Very interesting.  Some people do get together in groups somewhat like this, but not nearly as often and it is not a national custom.]