Who learn a foreing languages better men or women?

I must admit that during my years of student of English, I have realise that women are better learning languages than men. Personally, I think because they put in more effort they are hadworker or maybe they are more interested in human beings. Above all, I wouldn't be steretoype, but why are the reasons?

Who learns a foreign languages better, men or women?

I must admit that during my years of being a student of English, I have realised that women are better at learning languages than men. Personally, I think it is because they put in more effort, they are hadworker harder workers or maybe they are more interested in human beings. Above all, I wouldn't be want to stereotype, but why what are the reasons?

Hi Jose, 

I guess I haven't spent enough time around other foreign language learners to have made the same observation, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were right. I think that if it is true that women take language learning more seriously it is for the same reasons that more women than men are earning college degrees now:  women tend to be more aware of the costs of not committing to an activity, whether it is work, college, building relationships with other people, and so on. This is because women have been acculturated as caretakers, homemakers, and breadwinners at this point. Women can draw on a variety of life experiences to justify learning another language. This is just my guess.

Beth