Sports

9th February, 2013.

Today’s topic: Sports.

As is known to all, some of the most common sports include basketball, football, volleyball, table tennis and badminton.

Many citizens love the sports in a manic state. They spend all their holidays for different kinds of sports. What’s more, they are the frequent guests of the Olympic Games and championships.

I really think highly of this kind of lifestyle. By experiencing various sports, the public, especially those in the city, are surely to relax themselves after the burden of work and family!

I like badminton most, because this is the easiest sport for me. In addition, I like watching billiard contest, Ding Junhui is so cool! What’s your favorite sports?

Please correct any mistakes, thanks.

Sports

9th February, 2013.

Today’s topic: Sports.

As everyone knows is known to all, some of the most common sports are include basketball, football, volleyball, table tennis and badminton.

Many citizens love these sports fanatically in a manic state. They spend all their holidays doing for different kinds of sports. What’s more, they are the frequent guests of the Olympic Games and championships.

I like badminton most, because this it is the easiest sport for me. In addition, I like watching billiard contests, Ding Junhui is so cool! What's are your favorite sports?

Please correct any mistakes, thanks.

Ha ha. Sherry, you don't have any mistakes!

Also my friend,  let us remember that  professional sports, at least in the United States,  proved to be a critical vehicle for  racial integration in public life.

The segregation of the races,  proved to be a barrier to the Civil Liberties of some American citizens.

Jackie Robinson   was chosen by     Branch Rickey,   president of the Brooklyn Dodgers, to help integrate major league baseball. Jackie Robinson played his first game in Ebbets Field for the Brooklyn Dodgers on April 15, 1947.

Branch Rickey knew there would be  massive problems for Jackie Robinson

in the form of racial epithets, threats upon his life and even upon the life of his wife.  but   Robinson promised to not fight back when confronted with racism.

There was a profound moment in one baseball game, when Robinson  made an error on the field, missing the ball.  The fans jeered and booed Robinson; but then the baseball great, "Pee Wee" Reese, walked across the field, and put his arm around Jacke Robinson. The jeering stopped.  From that time on, Robinson was generally accepted by the fans.

All major sports then began to recruit   black athletes.

Also, do not forget College Basketball's famed game between tiny little  Texas Western's

Five Black Players when they beat number one ranked Kentucky for the National College Athletic Association   (NCAA)  Title 

This was portrayed in the movie, "Glory Road".

So indeed Sherry,  Sporting Competition has been vital to world change.

---Warm Regards, Bruce