Guideliness for learninng a foreign language on Skype

One of the thing I do to learn English is talking with my friends. Most of them also learn English. I have gained some experience in this activity and I want to share it with you.

When I write with somebody I use a dictionary, both bilingual and monolingual. A bilingual dictionary is better for idioms and phrases,whose equivalents due to cultural differences don't have the same power in my native tongue as in English.

When I speak with somebody I don't use any dictonary.
I have noticed that using a dictonary while talking makes my English worse. It is so, because instead of formulating a sentence on the basis of my actual knowledge, I subconsciously think of the words I don't know. In the result, the conversation changes into looking for words rather than practicing what I already know. This is why, before a conversaton I close all dictionaries.

Don't be afraid to speak with people whose English is worser than yours.
I have noticed that explaining words and simplifying sentences do help my English. If you know a word, then you can describe it, you can explain it. If you think you know a word, then you can check it by meeting the challenge of explaining (defyining it, giving a synonim, using it in a context) Talking with weaker speakers is not only a noble thing, but also a useful thing!

When I speak with somebody I don't use any dictionary.
    I have noticed that using a dictionary while talking makes my English gets worse. It is so, because instead of formulating a sentence on the basis of my actual knowledge, I subconsciously think of the words I don't know. In the result, the conversation changes into looking for words rather than practicing what I already know. This is why, before a conversation I close all dictionaries.

Well done! Keep it up)