Confusion with pounds and kilograms, degrees Fahrenheit and Celsius, etc.

When I spoke with my American friend last time, she told me that she had lost 10 pounds. When I asked her to calculate it in kilograms for me, she was quick and said “70 kilograms”. I was laughing at her answer. …

When I’m on the phone with my friend and we talk about temperature, weight, height or speed, etc., I write the information down and then I use a converter on the Internet later to realize how many degrees Celsius instead of Fahrenheit it has been there or how many kilograms instead of pounds my friend has weighed or has lost, how many centimeters instead of inches of feet of snow has fallen down there, etc.

However, I’m getting better with the temperature especially. I know that if she says that the temperature is more than 950 F, it’s definitely too hot for me. :)

Hey Jitka, nice entry. There are not many mistakes, and (as usual) they are all minor.

When I last spoke with my American friend time (better order), she told me that she had lost 10 pounds. When I asked her to calculate it in kilograms for me, she was quick and said “70 kilograms”. I was laughing at her answer. …

Whenever (because you are saying that you do this every time) I’m on the phone with my friend and we talk about temperature, weight, height or speed, etc., I write the information down and then I use a converter on the internet later to realize figure out how many degrees Celsius instead of Fahrenheit it has been there or how many kilograms instead of pounds my friend has weighed or has lost, how many centimeters instead of inches of feet of snow has fallen down there, etc.

Hmm... this is quite interesting! I never usualy consider that people outside of the U.S. use a different system than we do! I think the metric system is better, so I don't know why we still use this old system of measurement...

Anyways, great job! You always write fun or interesting things :D