Peñiscola an Information Leaflet

3. Unforgettable places to spend time outdoors in Peñiscola.

Despite Peñiscola itself is one of the most beautiful villages on the Mediterranean Coast, with an impressive heritage mainly represented by its fortified castle from the 14 th. century , and the bath sun on its large beaches are always guaranteed, if you want to escape from overcrowded beaches and you are looking for another peaceful places, here you are 3 amazing proposals:

1.- Diving or just snorkelling in the Columbretes Maritime Natural Park . ( Fishing is forbidden).

Columbretes island are 4 small of volcanic origin islands ,30 miles far away from Peñiscola and it was declared as Maritime Reserve in 1990, and its fauna and flora are protected. It has a rich submarine wildlife and it is an important place for the reproductive activities of certain sea birds.

In summer time, (July, August, September), It is a tourist boat which set off from Peñiscola port at 8 a.m, and return at 6 p.m everyday available ( 20 persons minimum).
You can hire too a private boat, but you need to do it in advance, because you have to have a special permission from the Maritime Natural Park, because only a few number of boats, and people are admitted to visit the natural Park per day.

2.-Trekking routes on the Natural Park of Sierra de Irta..

The views from these trials are absolutely stunning, when you are walking up in the mountains, the views over the coast, and the cliffs are breathtaking.

You can choose between different trails, all of them very well signed. You can get all about this information in Centro de Interpretación del Parque Natural de la Sierra Irta sitted in Av de la Estación s!n, Tlf.: 5876432.

All of these trails are too available for people who like cycling mountain-bike .

3.- El Marjal de Peñiscola.

This special spot, is located just a kilometre far from the Castle, just parallel to the North coast, and it is a natural ,unspoilt , and special wetland area, where you can enjoy the amazing atmosphere watching the different bird wildlife , Your only need binoculars and a photo camera to enjoy every discovery

Peñiscola an Information Leaflet

Peñiscola is one of the most beautiful villages on the Mediterranean Coast, with an impressive heritage mainly represented by its fortified castle from the 14 th. century.  The sun bathing on its large beaches is always guaranteed.  If you want to escape from overcrowded beaches and you are looking for other peaceful places, here are 3 amazing options:

1.- Diving or snorkelling in the Columbretes Maritime Natural Park . ( Fishing is forbidden).

Columbretes islands are 4 small islands of volcanic origin.  They are located 30 miles from Peñiscola.  They were declared a Maritime Reserve in 1990, which has lead to the protection of the flora and fauna. There is an abundance of marine life and it is also considered to be an important place for the reproductive activities of certain sea birds.

In the summer (July, August, September), Tourist boats set off from Peñiscola port at 8 a.m, and return at 6 p.m everyday ( 20 persons minimum).
    You also have the option of renting a private boat, but you will need to do this in advance because you will need to  have  special permission from the Maritime Natural Park due to the fact that only a select number of boats and people are permitted to visit this Park per day.

The views from these trials are absolutely stunning.  When you are walking up in the mountains, the views of the coast and the cliffs are breathtaking.

You can choose between different trails, all of which are very well marked. You can learn about this information in Centro de Interpretación del Parque Natural de la Sierra Irta sitted in Av de la Estación s!n, Tlf.: 5876432.

Biking is permitted on all of these trails.

3.- El Marjal de Peñiscola.

This special spot, is located just a kilometre away from the Castle, just parallel to the North coast, and it is a natural, unspoiled wetland area, where you can enjoy  watching a variety of birds and other wildlife.   You will only need binoculars and a camera to enjoy every discovery of your trip.