Learning about Brazil

Usually, foreign people learn about Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo. These cities are really famous in and outside because they are the Brazilian economical polo. Well, now I'll talk about the other cities in Brazil. First things first, Brazil has 26 states and 1 Federal District. The Federal District is not a state, but the Federal Government headquarter and Brasília, the capital of Brazil, is located in there. The DF (as we called it) is a small place and all the Federal Organs are there. It's a planned city and was built in 60's by Brazilian architect Oscar Niemeyer to characterize the capital transition and the beginning of a new era. Rio de Janeiro was the capital. After the Second World War, politicians thought to change the capital because Rio is located near the ocean and it wasn't good in that time. So, they decided to move the capital to the interior of the country. On April 21, 1960, the Brazilian President, Juscelino Kubitschek (a.k.a JK -is hard to write his family name) inaugurated the new capital. Now, changing the capital is prohibited and ilegal. The current Brazilian Constitution forecasts Brasília as capital and it can be change when a new Constitution arise.

Learning about Brazil

Usually, foreign people learn about Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo. These cities are really famous in and outside because they are the Brazilian economical polo. Well, now I'll talk about the other cities in Brazil. First things first, Brazil has 26 states and 1 Federal District. The Federal District is not a state, but the Federal Government headquarter and Brasília, the capital of Brazil, is located in there. The DF (as we called it) is a small place and all the Federal Organs are there. It's a planned city and was built in 60's by Brazilian architect Oscar Niemeyer to characterize the capital transition and the beginning of a new era. Rio de Janeiro was the capital. After the Second World War, politicians thought to change the capital because Rio is located near the ocean and it wasn't good in that time. So, they decided to move the capital to the interior of the country. On April 21, 1960, the Brazilian President, Juscelino Kubitschek (a.k.a JK -is hard to write his family name) inaugurated the new capital. Now, changing the capital is prohibited and ilegal. The current Brazilian Constitution forecasts Brasília as capital and it just can be changed when a new Constitution arise.