Dream

When we were five they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up, our answers were things like, astronaut, president or in my case a princess.
When we were ten they asked us again we answered, rockstar, cowboy or in my case a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up they want a serious answer.

Well, how about this, who the hell knows! This isn't the time to make hard, fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes, take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere, fall in love...a lot. Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind and change it again, because nothing's permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can, that way someday when they ask what we wanna be, we won't have to guess but we'll know.

Dream

When we were five they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up, our answers were things like: astronaut, president or in my case a princess.
    When we were ten they asked us again and we answered: rockstar, cowboy or in my case, a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer.

Well, how about this: "who the hell knows!" This isn't the time to make hard, fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes, to take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere, to fall in love...a lot. Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind and change it again, because nothing's permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can, that way someday when they ask what we wanna be, we won't have to guess but we'll know.

-- Well written, and an interesting philosophy. It works better in the movies than in real life though. Some mistakes can't be unmade, my young friend: AIDS, pregnancy, college debt, broken heart, drug addiction, or  in my case, spinal surgery. :D My philosophy is more like: Love people and romance will take care of itself. Just do the things now that will make you proud later when you look back on your life. But that's just me.

More notebook entries written in French