To Fly

Sometime I think about the life of the birds. In the history of mankind, the human beings have always had a really bad habit : consider themselves like the centre of the world. Although we were aware of the existence of thousand of different animal species , we always have considered these creatures as inferiors.
But, thinking about the birds I really changed my mind. They are the incarnation of freedom. They can fly. They can simply decide to open their wings and go away. Which human being can do the same? Contrarly, we all must study, work , be responsible , and so on.
For us , freedom is a word which often is only present in a Constitution or in a International Convention.
Then , the birds have a so strong sense of belonging to their family or race . As a consequence , every year during the period of migration they go around the word, but in the end go back to the place where were born.
Meanwhile, our race is only able to kill each other, to make war and bring distruption. Is this the reason why we can be definited superior?
Maybe someone could argue that the actual difference between they and us is the marvelous human capacity to think about the life and death or, in other words, to be a philosopher. Sure! That is a good objection. But how could we really know if an animal is able or not to think about his existence?

To Fly

Sometimes, I think about the life of the birds. In, the history of mankind, the human beings have always had a really bad habit; considering themselves as the center of the world. Although, we are aware of the existence of thousands of different animal species, we have always considered these creatures as inferiors.
    But, thinking about the birds has really changed my mind. They are the incarnation of freedom. They can fly, they can simply decide to open their wings and go away. Which human being can do the same? In the contrary, we all must study, work, be responsible and so on.
    For us, freedom is a word which is often only presented in a Constitution or in a International Convention.
    Moreover, the birds have a strong sense of belonging to their family or race, every year during the period of migration they go around the world but, always go back to the place they were born.
    Meanwhile, our race is only able to kill each other, to make war and bring distruption. Is this the reason why we can be defined as superior?
    One may argue, that the actual difference between them and us is the ability to think about the life and death. Sure, that can be a good arguement. However, how could one really know if an animal is able to think about his existence or not?

To Fly

Sometimes I think about the life of the birds. In the history of mankind, the human beings have always had a really bad habit : they consider themselves like the centre of the world. Although we were aware of the existence of thousands of different animal species, we always have considered these creatures as inferiors.
    But, thinking about the birds, I really changed my mind. They are the incarnation of freedom. They can fly. They can simply decide to open their wings and go away. Which human being can do the same? Contrarily, we all must study, work, be responsible, and so on.
    For us, freedom is a word which often is only present in a Constitution or in a International Convention.
    Then, The birds have a so  such a strong sense of belonging to their family or race . As a consequence, every year during the period of migration they go around the word, but in the end go back to the place where were born.
    Maybe someone could argue that the actual difference between they and us is the marvelous human capacity to think about the life and death or, in other words, to be a philosopher. Sure! That is a good objection. But how could we really know if an animal is able or not able to think about his existence?