Advantages and disadvantages of the cinema, the theatre and TV shows

Today my essay deals with the advantages and disadvantages of going to the cinema or theatre and slimply watching TV. As I live in Mayen, an old city build by the ancient romans, and we have theatre plays every year from June to August I usually go the theatre three times in the year. At our city are held so called open air plays under the evening sky of Mayen. A big disadvantage is that when it rains the audience are getting wet. Another disadvantage of the theatre is that it is more expensive than the cinema. But a great advantage is that the plays are live and the audience has the oportunity to interact with the actors and actresses. Another advantage is that it are completely new plays every year and you will nowhere else have the oportunity to watch these plays.

But my essay also deals with cinema shows. At a cinema you can watch a film on a really big screen and they mostly have good sound systems. The films are completely new and it always takes a lot of time until you can watch them on TV. A cinema show is not too expensive and you can enjoy the film together with your friends or for example with your boy- or girlfriend. You can buy popcorne and drinks at the cinema to enjoy your film while eating snacks and drinking coke or even beer. A disadvantage is that the film show can be sold out so that you cannot watch the film you wanted to. Another thing is that you have to wait at the box office to pay for the entrance. There is mostly a long queue and it takes you up to 15 minutes to get your tickets and then there is the same queue to get your drinks and snacks.

The last thing I want to write about is watching TV. It is very comfortable that you can watch TV lying on your sofa. Perhaps you are used to watch a certain series on TV and you can rely that it appears on the screen at the same time of the week. You do not have to leave your living room to watch TV and it is a good way to relax. A disadvantage is that many channels show a lot of advertisements even during the films and shows. But there are also things you can only see on TV, for example sports reports and the news. A disadvantage is that you have to buy a TV set before you are able to watch TV. These TV sets can be expensive and you have got to pay for the channels you watch and in Germany even GEZ wants money from you. In fact is TV not cheap, because you have to pay at least 17 Euros for the GEZ and if you watch over Kabel then there are another 20 to 60 Euros per month to pay.
Regard