Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

Feb 24, 2013

Today is Sunday. Zurich still snows. It is seldom sunshine in February. I always want to go out with my husband and Lele, my little girl. But always get disappointed due to the bad weather. It seems I can only wait till March or April when the weather is good enough then traveling outside.
I got up at 5am this morning as Lele was rolling in the bed and crying. After that, I can not fall asleep again. But getting up earlier is not so bad, as i can do some reading, writing without people’s disrupting. I just hope not wake up so earlier some day in the future-what a heavy responsibility a mother takes with a baby. Now I understand a lot of things about my mum, things I can not understand before.

Feb 24, 2013

Today is Sunday and it is still snowing in Zurich. There is seldom sunshine in February. I always want to go out with my husband and daughter, but I am always disappointed because the bad weather keeps us in the house. It appears I must wait for March or April to be able to travel.

I was awakened at 5:00 am by my daughter, Lele, who was crying and rolling around in the bed. Once I was able to settle her down, I couldn't go back to sleep. However, I found getting up that early wasn't so bad. I realize I am able to read and write without disruption. I just don't want to make this a daily habit. Being a mother is a heavy responsibility. Children require a lot of work and attention, so I need to be well rested. There are many things about my mother and what she went through that I understand now that I am a mother.