A Forever Teacher

I have been looking for an English teacher for a long time. This doesn’t mean I have never found any. I do have had three wonderful English teachers early or late since I decided to study English after having left school for many years. Of course I have some friends who come and go help me during this journey. But what I have been longing for is a forever teacher.

My first English teacher is a young British man. He came to my city working in the local university. He opened my eyes to a western world with his unique way, but he had to leave when the contract was due. My second English teacher was a great teacher. When he came to my dull life, he brightened my whole world. I had thought this would have been a forever teacher when he told me it was a life long commitment he would always be there helping me. When I had grown quite attached to him and his teaching, everything went to an end abruptly. My third teacher was a real language partner, but he came to save me from my depression. From then on, I have learnt to become a very good Mandarin teacher and I have learnt to be mature.

My experience overall is about learning and teaching, but really a wonderful journey. I am so grateful for all of these coming to my life, although I can not hold any of them as my forever teacher. But this afternoon, when I finished my homework on line, I did believe I had found a forever teacher. This is an on-line free course. I have enrolled two of them: Clinical Problem Solving, Modern and Postmodern. I have spent much time exploring there in the past week, and I can’t have enough of them. Now I can tell myself Fan, you can stop your looking steps for a forever teacher, since he has already come!

A Forever Teacher

I have been looking for an English teacher for a long time. This doesn’t mean I have never found any. I do have had three wonderful English teachers early or late since I decided to study English after having left school for many years ago. Of course, I have some friends who come and go to help me during this journey. But what I have been longing for is a forever teacher.

My first English teacher was a young British man. He came to my city to work in the local university. He opened my eyes to a western world in his unique way, but he had to leave when the contract was completed. My second English teacher was a great teacher. When he came into my dull life, he brightened my whole world. I had thought this would have been a forever teacher when he told me his was a life long commitment to always be there to help me. When I had grown quite attached to him and his teaching, everything came to an abrupt end. My third teacher was a real language partner, but he came to save me from my depression. From then on, I have learnt (learned in the U.S. is more common) to become a very good Mandarin teacher and I have learnt to be mature. (learned to be act more mature, or, become more mature)

My experience overall is about learning and teaching, but really  more about a wonderful journey. I am so grateful for all of those who came into my life, although I can not hold any of them as my forever teacher. But this afternoon, when I finished my homework online, I did believe I had found a forever teacher. This forever theacher is actually an online free course. I have enrolled in two of them: Clinical Problem Solving, Modern and Postmodern. I have spent much time exploring there in the past week, and I can’t get enough of them. Now I can tell myself, "Fan, you can stop your looking steps for a forever teacher, since he has already come!"

Very well written, Fan!  I made some changes that are more a matter of personal taste.  You write very well about your life and your work.  I will look forward to your next essay!