Chinese ancient culture: The beauty of the qinglou

Even most Chinese think qinglou is as same as the brothel. It is definitely misunderstanding. I am sorry I can’s find the proper translation since most western can’t understand this culture. As a matter of fact, qinglou is kinda like entertainment circle nowdays but not all.

Firstly, the service provided by qinglou are: Love and freedom.

As we all know, In the ancient time of China, the bride and the bridegroom don’t know each other until the day of their wedding. The basic of the marriage can be everything except for love. So lots of men went to qinglou to find the precious which they missed.

Secondly, The beauty of qinglou are not hooker. They make money but it is not all of their goals.

To the beauty of qinglou, the vital requirement to be a member of qinglou is not the outstanding surface.

To begin with, the woman must have the good taste to art and literature, the graceful manners, and the princess temperament. At last, she has a good looking.

Besides, the beauty was cultivated to plant the faith of love in their hearts, for love is a significant sign to distinguish whether she is a woman or a machine. moreover, If she has love, she can write good poems.

I don't know how to explain that some girls of them really got the good quality by the strange education. They became the great poets and artists and left lots of excellent works.

The Qinglou looks like a elegant surroundings not the red-light district or hotel.

So seeing a beauty which you admire is as difficult as climbing a mountain. The pursuers need to spend numerous money and time to get a tickets to compete with other competitors by their intelligence.

Moreover, the beauty had the privilege to choose the ideal man sometimes.

They sold their love and the beauty by this way? Yes, they did. But we should not negative totally. It was not the modern age. They are the colorful scenery in the dark time.

In the ancient china, Only 2% of people could read and write. Bulk were men, The few women who could do that are the beauties of qinglou mostly. You can say that maybe the best life to women of ancient times is being a beauty of qinglou: High quality of the daily life as a princess, the gorgeous clothing and the good education.

The price is dear surely. Most of beauties leaded miserable lives They were played by the bad men.

The qinglou kept a good deal of Chinese culture, people wrote and sang the poems there. It was the source of abundant poems and literature

In the ancient China, only 2% of people could can read and write. The bulk were men. The few women who could do that are most came from the beauties of the qinglou mostly. You can One might say that maybe the best life to for women of in ancient times is being that a beauty from there. of qinglou: They have a high quality of the daily life: dressed as gorgeously as a princess, the gorgeous clothing and the   a good education of a scholar.

The price is dear surely. Most of beauties leaded miserable lives They were played by the bad men. However, the price paid can be costly.  One false step and their lives can be ruined by unscrupulous men.  Some sacrificed everything in hopes of gaining true love but in the end...

The culture of the qinglou has contributed much to Chinese literature and an accepted way of life in those days.  I am sure nothing has changed today except for discrete dallyings not in an open place of grandeur.  It's just an open secret. ept a good deal of Chinese culture, people wrote and sang the poems there. It was the source of abundant poems and literature

I have to add more of my own to your essay to make it interesting.  I am sure if you had written it in Chinese, it will express more of what you really wanted to say in a more elegant way.  I suggest you should write in Chinese first for this kind of high level essays.  Translate it and polish as best as you can.  Then post it along with your original.  Those who know both languages well can help you do a better job so that you can learn the finer points in the target langauge.

I see somethimes your sentences are too straight forward.  Anyway, a very good but seldom talked of topic. 李師師 story is an excellent tale.

I don't know how to explain that some girls of them really got the good quality by the strange education. They became the great poets and artists and left lots of excellent works. Some of them were trained at a very early age and some are naturally talented in more ways than one.  Some were good enough to refuse clientele until they had passed some tests from them. Money is not always the main criterior.  Some of the more talented girls require their patrons to match their couplets or poetry before they can even get a glimpse of these famed beauties. Some even can choose who they would like to entertain. Of course these are rare but classical Chinese literature is filled with examples.

The Qinglou looks like a elegant surroundings not the red-light district or hotel. Qinglous are not seedy looking places you find in red light districts.  They were as grand as palaces for their patrons are from the rich and powerful.

They sold their love and the beauty by this way? Yes, they did. But we should not negative totally. It was not the modern age. They are the colorful scenery in the dark time. It is true that some consider these courtesans are merely high class prostitutes. I say, you get what you pay for.  You don't get talented and beautiful people for nothing.  A marriage is nothing but a legal piece of paper for a man to provide a life for his wife for some services rendered such as bearing his line! Nothing has changed today in this regard.

Ancient Chinese ancient Culture: The Beauty of the Green Bowers qinglou [Don't use foreign words in an essay without explaining first what they are]

Even Most Chinese think equate the "qinglou" (Green Bowers, 青樓) is as same as the brothels. It is definitely a misunderstanding. The closest equivalent is the Japanese Geisha which Americans think that it is synomynous as a prostitue.  I am sorry I can’s find the proper translation since most western can’t understand this culture. As a matter of fact, qinglou is kinda like entertainment circle nowdays but not all. [Now you can, at least somewhat.  This is why you are writing to explain it to the world.]

Firstly, [Don't use such words, firstly, secondly,....  These are for arugment pieces and do not belong in this sort of informative essays] and foremost, the services provided by qinglou are: love and freedom.

As we all know, [Never use these sort phrases in essays.  They are very condescending.  If we know, we don't have to read what you have to say.] In the ancient time of China, usually [grooms will try to peek at what he's getting, especially coming from the wealthier class.  Brides have a more difficult time and has to resort to more subtle ways] the bride and the bridegroom don’t know of each other until the night  day of their wedding when he lifts her bridal veil in the bedroom. The basic of the marriage can be everything except for love. So lots of men went to qinglou to find the precious which they missed. If the couple does not find each other physically attractive, at least for the males, he can resort to the qinglou for pleasure.

Those working in the qinglou are not merely hookers but highly trained courtesans in music, literature and especially in the art of conversation to please their clientele.  Sure, they are not there for free, services had to be paid just like any other.  The fine dresses they wear, the makeup they use all cost money.

Besides, the beauty was cultivated to plant the faith of love in their hearts, for love is a significant sign to distinguish whether she is a woman or a machine. moreover, If she has love, she can write good poems. [Don't really understant what you are writing but I'm guessing] These captivating beauties are no mere playthings.  They are of flesh and blood and can excel in writing great poems, in dance and song.  Such great entertainers that even a Sung Emperor had a secret passage dug from his palace to her boudoir to avoid public scandal. [I added this last line to make your essay more interesting]