On the train

I took a train back to Prague this evening.

It’s always interesting to see what people do during their journay. I have experienced people who were on the phone (it’s annoying!!!), played some games on their notebook or phone, talked with friends loudly, ate or drank a lot, etc.

This time there were 5 of us in the comfortable compartment. I had a nice seat at the window.Two people were reading a book, one young man was sleeping, another young man was busy with his smart phone and I was studying German. We were all quiet focusing on our activities… I enjoyed some funny moments when we smiled at each other because the sleeping man was snoring loudly.

I like traveling by train!

Hey Jitka, nice to see you!

It’s always interesting to see what people do during their journey. I have experienced when people who were on the phone (it’s annoying!!!), playing some games on their notebook or phone, talking with friends loudly, eating or drinking a lot, etc. (because you used the verb ‘were,’ all the other actions, like “playing” and “talking” have to be in the present progressive)

This time there were 5 of us in the a (“a” sounds better) comfortable compartment. I had a nice seat at the window. Two people were reading a book (if the two people were reading 2 separate books then you should say “…reading books” instead), one young man was sleeping, another young man was busy with his smart phone and I was studying German. We were all quietly focusing on our activities… I enjoyed some funny moments when we smiled at each other because the sleeping man was snoring loudly.

I like traveling by train!

Most of these mistakes are not that bad, and it took me a while to figure out that you needed to use the present progressive after were :P

Riding on the train was my favorite part of New York City because of all the people that I would see. Too mad there are not as many trains near where I live :s