Limiting working hours

More and more people are complaining that working overtime is the main factor results in the decreasing quality hours that people spend with their families. Under this circumstances, I believe the fierce competition is the root cause of enacting laws to regulate working hours, and it is certainly a positive change.

In this society, companies are facing unprecedented challenges. Due to the globalization and people’s fast-paced life style, employers not only have to compete with overseas rivals but also have to meet clients’ various needs. The intense pressure pushes them to explorer every mean to reduce the cost and maximum profits. Therefore, demanding people working overtime is the option they chose. Moreover, workers themselves also take initiative to work harder in order to keep a decent job as well as covering the increasing living expense. Consequently, people’s overtime work has ruined their health and decreased the quality of life. So, governments enacted such laws to protect employees’ interests.

Establishing this law has much positive influence on the society. Limited working hours guarantee people could have enough time for sleep and to spend with family members so as to maintain a healthy physical condition and a stable family relationship.

However, the disadvantages are very clear that short-term profits will decline. Fixed working hours mean more investments on human resources because employers can never earn money by asking people working for extra time. But in a long term, this enforcement will push companies to adjust their strategies to stand out by encouraging innovations or other rules.

In summary, I reaffirm my position that the intense competition is the main reason of limiting working hours and will benefit the society ultimately. Meanwhile, the interest of companies will be temporally damaged.

Limiting working hours

More and more people are complaining that working overtime is the main factor results in causing the decreased quality time hours that people spend with their families. Under these circumstances, I believe the fierce competition is the root cause of enacting laws to regulate working hours, and it is certainly a positive change.

In this society, companies are facing unprecedented challenges. Due to the globalization and people’s fast-paced life styles, employers not only have to compete with overseas rivals but also have to meet clients’ various needs. The intense pressure pushes them to explorer every means to reduce the cost and maximise profits. Therefore, Demanding people working overtime is the option they choose. Moreover, workers themselves also take the initiative and decide to work harder in order to keep a decent job as well as covering the increasing living expenses. Consequently, people’s overtime work has been ruining their health and decreasing their quality of life. So, governments have enacted such laws to protect employees’ interests.

Establishing these laws has much positive influence on the society. Limited working hours guarantee people could have enough time for sleep and to spend with family members so as to maintain a healthy physical condition and a stable family relationship.

However, the disadvantages are very clear: that short-term profits will decline. Fixed working hours mean more investments in human resources because employers can't never earn money just by asking people to working for extra time. But in a the long term, this enforcement of these laws will push companies to adjust their strategies to stand out by encouraging innovations or other rules.

In summary, I reaffirm my position that the intense competition is the main reason of for limiting working hours and these limitations will benefit the society ultimately. Meanwhile, the interests of companies will be temporarily damaged.

You don't need an article for most uses of 'society'.  You hardly ever need 'the' except to say something like: 'The society we live in is..." (I actually can't think of any other examples with 'the'!).

You could say something like "Intense competition is the main reason for limiting working hours and these limitations can ultimately benefit a society." but the meaning isn't much changed, so I recommend that if you're not sure whether to use an article or not, leave it out. :)