Korchnoi

As an excerxise in my english class I wrote this little note:

In 2012 we saw a curious spectacle. A man in his 80's on a wheelchair playing against a young boy of 16. But not just a teen but Lars Rindlisbacher, one of the most promising chess players. Normally this would be an exhibition where a strong player plays against several boards showings his talent. But in this time the young player was playing face to face with this old man and trying to survive. The old player was Viktor Korchnoi one of the bigest chess players ever. And one of the touhgest too. In his 80's he is still a world class player.

How can be explained the steel character of Viktor Korchoi who is famous for his ability to play hard positions and create unexpected plans? Maybe we can find the answer in his childhood. When he was a scholarboy he was trying to survive a diferent position not in a chessboard but in a city sieged by the nazy army. Stealing the coupons of food from dead bodies is how this guy survived one of the largest sieges ever, one that resuslted in more than 1 million dead people.

Today Korchnoi is recovering from a stroke. And he is still fighting.

Korchnoi

In 2012 we saw a curious spectacle. A man in his 80's on a wheelchair playing against a young boy of who is only 16 years oldHe is not just any teen, but Lars Rindlisbacher, one of the most promising chess players. Normally this would be an exhibition where a strong player plays against several opponents on several boards,thus, showings his talent. But in this time the young player was playing face to face with this old man and trying to survive. The old player was Viktor Korchnoi, one of the bigest best chess players ever. And one of the touhgest, too. In his 80's, he is still a world class player.

What could be the explanation for this (steel?) characteristic of Viktor Korchoi, who is famous for his ability to play (hard positions and create unexpected plans?)? Maybe we can find the answer in his childhood. When he was a scholarboy young student, he was trying to survive a diferent difficult position, not in a chessboard, but in a city sieged by the Nazi Army. Stealing food coupons of food from dead bodies is was how this guy survived one of the largest sieges ever, one that resulted in more than 1 million dead people (the death of more than 1 million people).

Good!  I added question marks to places where I have a difficulties understand you.

OOPT

Korchnoi

As an exercise in my English class, I wrote this little note:

In 2012, we saw a curious spectacle: a man in his 80s in a wheelchair playing against a young boy of 16. This was not just any teen, but Lars Rindlisbacher, one of the most promising chess players. Normally this would be an exhibition where a strong player plays against several boards showings his talent. However, this time the young player was playing face to face with this old man and trying to survive. The old player was Viktor Korchnoi one of the best chess players ever. And one of the toughest, too. In his 80s he is still a world class player.

How can it be explained, the steel character of Viktor Korchoi who is famous for his ability to play hard positions and create unexpected plans? Maybe we can find the answer in his childhood. When he was a schoolboy he was trying to survive in a diferent position, not on a chessboard, but in a city sieged by the Nazi army. Stealing the coupons of food from dead bodies is how this boy survived one of the largest sieges ever, one that resulted in more than 1 million people dead.