New format of Italki!!!!!???? I'd Like to Ask other People Opinions. What do You Think????

The old format of Italki was much better than this new one. I can't see my friends birthday anymore, or their latest activities in the home page. Before the site got up-graded, I was able to see the latest activities my friends had, so I could easily comment on my friends' post, saw their latest question, or discussion. But now, everything has changed. I wonder how I can realize my friends birthday or their latest activities? It is really difficult to check all my friends profile to see whether they have written a new notebook entry or had another activity. In the past, I directly went to Italki homepage and see my friends activity or birthday notification.

I can't even see my other activities in my profile, like my comments under my friends' posts, or discussion. I don't like the changes Italki has done. How can I get used to this new format? The old format was much more easier to follow. The old format was easier to read others posts as well. I think it was also much more easier to get corrections, or help others.

The old format of Italki was much better than this new one. I can't see my friends' birthdays anymore or their latest activities in the home page. Before the site got upgraded, I was able to see the latest activities my friends had, so I could easily comment on my friends' post, see their latest question or discussion. But now, everything has changed. I wonder how I can realize my friends' birthdays or their latest activities? It is really difficult to check all my friends' profiles to see whether they have written a new notebook entry or had another activity. In the past, I directly went to Italki homepage and see my friends' activities or birthday notifications.

I can't even see my other activities in my profile, like my comments under my friends' posts, or discussion. I don't like the changes Italki has made. How can I get used to this new format? The old format was much more easier to follow. The old format was easier to read others posts as well. I think it was also much more easier to get corrections, or help others.

[Excellent as always.  Plural possessives are always tricky in English.  You objections to the new format are about the same as mine.  I truly miss knowing birthdays.]

Hi Sarah,

My name is Sam,

I'm the community manager at italki.

Firstly, we'd like to apologize for any inconvenience the new changes have caused. We understand your frustration and this new design is a very transitional thing.  We upgraded the technology that powers the website and most of the cosmetic changes that we made to the dashboard will be subject to change.  So if something is clearly just not working, it is something that we will definitely be open to changing.

Right now our #1 priority is fixing bugs that are preventing teachers and students from connecting with each other.  But we're taking a look at all of the feedback we're receiving in the forums with posts like yours and developing changes that reflect what our users are asking us for.

We want to thank you for telling us what we need to do better and we will keep you updated on any changes that we will make in the coming weeks.