Iranian Wednesday Feast (Festival of Fire). Let's Share our Cultures. Which Festival do You Love?

The ancient Festival of Fire is celebrated on the eve of the last Wednesday of the Iranian year. Iranians jump over burning bonfires while throwing firecrackers to celebrate arrival of spring and the upcoming holiday of Nowruz. This festival is known as Charchanbe suri (Charchanbe in Farsi meas Wednesday, Suri means feast), and it is a prelude to Nowruz(Iranian New Year), which marks the arrival of spring.

The celebration usually starts in the evening, with people making bonfires in the streets and jumping over them singing ''zardi-ye man az to, sorkhi-ye to az man''. The literal translation is, my sickly yellow paleness is yours, your fiery red color is mine. Loosely translated, this means you want the fire to take your paleness, sickness, and problems and in turn give you redness, warmth, and energy. :)

Do you have such a festival in your country? Which festival do you love the most in your country? I'd like to know about cultures. I suppose, knowing about other cultures brings people closer together. Let's share our cultures. :)

OOPT

Anything red = mistake

Anything green = suggestion/alternative

The ancient Festival of Fire is celebrated on the eve of the last Wednesday of the Iranian year. Iranians jump over burning bonfires while throwing firecrackers to celebrate the arrival of spring and the upcoming holiday of Nowruz. This festival is known as Charchanbe suri (Charchanbe in Farsi means Wednesday, Suri means feast), and it is a prelude to Nowruz space (Iranian New Year), which marks the arrival of spring.

Do you have such a (a similar) festival in your country? Which festival do you love the most in your country? I'd like to know about different/other cultures. I suppose, knowing about other cultures brings people closer together. Let's share our cultures. :)