where I can find the translation of the dative, genitive, vocative of epistle. Thank you.

Epistula: Noun: epistula | gen | s | lang la epistula | dat | s | lang la epistula | nom | p | lang la epistula | voc | p | lang

lang la epistula genitive
lang la epistula vocative
lang la epistula dative

lang la epistula genitive
    lang la epistula vocative
    lang la epistula dative

epistola-ae, f  (epistula)

Singular    Plural
    nominative  epistola   epistolae
    genitive      epistolae  epistolārum
    dative         epistolae  epistolīs
    accusative    epistolam epistulās
    ablative      epistolā    epistolīs
    vocative      epistola   epistolae

* The dative of 'epistula' is: epistulae (singular) and epistulis (plural).

* The genitive is: epistulae (singular) and epistalarum (plural).

* The vocative is: epistal (singular) and epistulae (plural, both same as nominative).

The dative means the letters are the indirect objective of the sense; this can be explained by a better example: "Mark gave Jamie the book" (Mark is nominative, Jamie is dative, and the book is accusative).

The genitive means 'of the letter(s)'. The vocative would mean 'oh (you) letter(s)!', if that makes any sense, e.g. "Oh cruel letter! Why do you bring me bad news?".

More notebook entries written in Latin