日本語は考えるための言葉ではない のか? Is Japanese not a language for thoughts?

In his "Ore giapponesi - 随筆 日本" Fosco Maraini, a former scholar of Japanese, wrote (The text is summarized):

"日本語は”どこ”と”どう”と人々の数と性別 を気にしない
"In Japanese, "Where" or "How" or the gender or the number of people does not matter that much.

言葉黙示と人称代名詞 と
there are a lot of implied words(Elliptical sentences), Personal pronouns

人や物事を記述するた単語の並び(此方様。。。)と 復否定の文 (なくはない。。。)は たくさん あります。

Periphrastic and double negatives.
みぶん の関係 と多くの色 の気持ちが重要です。

What matters (what is good at) is the relations among social roles and the countless colors of the feeling (気持ち).

日本語は多く色合いです. と多くの表現が翻訳することはできません。
Japanese has very delicate nuances. Some expressions have no translation at all.

It is an excellent language for love; for religious ceremonies; for insults as well , or for solemn speeches.

But the habit to avoid a univocal speech, often introduces a personal interpretation.

In grammar, the expression of this characteristic is given by the lack of the relative pronoun.

which is a tool to organize sentences.

日本語では、最も単純なケースでは解決策は、"ながい名詞"(The tree that is at the top of the hill=坂の上にある木になります)です。
In Japanese, in the easiest cases the solution is a "Long noun" (The tree that is at the top of the hill: 坂の上にある木になります).

In the most difficult cases...It is very difficult! Or sometimes the Gerund form helps.

Another characteristic is that rarely things are counted in abstract (1,2,3...), but for each and every object there is a suffix (nearly 50!) 。

Japanese has a great difficulty to build up sentences whose result be univocal. This is a problem with the strictness of, for example, science and philosophy".

Is that correct? Do you agree?

More notebook entries written in Japanese