BONFIRES OF SAINT JOHN

The night of Saint John is a festival typical in the Spanish places with beach.

This festival to celebrate the night 23 th June, it´s more short the year.

The reason for celebrating the festival is for gives the welcome at summer and gets away the bad spirits.

The activities are a lot of, this depends on the tradition the each place, but all have in common the great fires.

In Málaga, for example, get together different groups the friends or families make the fire with old things, specially of wood, they collects in the neighbours´s homes.

The people have the dinner in the beach, usually eating sardines in the barbecue, brochettes, Spanish omelette and drinking different beverages, like beer, red wine, etc.

Around 10 pm, the come to in the beach, comes an exciting time, light the great flame. Is very important what you write three wishes and flame cast them. After you can still eating, drinking, singing and dancing around the fire. Do not forget to jump three times on fire.

At midnight comes a magic moment, everybody gets into the sea, some woman wash their faces to the beautiful all year.

If you like the fun you can wait the first rays of sun.

I feel excited I have fun with my friends,

THE BONFIRES OF SAINT JOHN

The night of Saint John is a festival typicallly seen in Spanish places that have beach.

This festival which is being celebrated on the night of June 23rd is more shorter this year.

The reason for celebrating the festival is to give a welcome to summer and chase away the bad spirits.

There are a lot of activities going on (activities are a lot of, this) depending on the tradition of each location, but all have great bone fires in common.

In Málaga, for example, different groups of friends or families get together making the fire with old things, specially of wood which they collect from the homes of neighbours.

The people have the dinner on the beach, usually eating barbecue-grilled sardines, skewers, Spanish omelettes and drinking different beverages, like beer and red wine, etc.

Around 10 pm, everyone gathers on the beach. Now comes the exciting moment, the lighting of the great bone fire. It is very important that you write three wishes on a piece

of paper and toss it in the flames. Afterwards, you can continue eating, drinking, singing and dancing around the fire. Do not forget to jump three times around the fire. 

At midnight comes a magic moment when everybody gets into the sea; some woman wash their faces to be beautiful all year.

If you like the fun you can stay on the beach until the first rays of the sun come up.

I'm so excited to have fun with my friends.