Preparing to the conference

Hi guys! I'm a student, my speciality is advertising. Now i'm preparing to the conference (in english). My topic is comparative advertising. In the folowing text, i don't get some points, so maybe someone can explain it for me? Thank you.

"There is also the possibility that comparative advertising could constitute infringement where the registered trademark is well known. A more classic example of comparative advertising constituting dilution would be "XYZ shoes, the Rolls Royce of shoes". Accepting that Rolls Royce is a well-known trademark, the fact that there is no similarity between shoes and motor vehicles would not preclude the proprietor of the trademark Rolls Royce from objecting to the use of its well-known trademark in this context."

1. I don't understand, can Rolls Royce file a lawsuit in this situation or not?
2. I'm not sure, how to pronounse "XYZ shoes".

Preparing for a conference

Hi guys! I'm a student, and my speciality is advertising. Now I'm preparing for a conference (in English). My topic is comparative advertising. In the folowing text, I don't get some points, so maybe someone can explain them for me? Thank you.

1. I don't understand, can Rolls Royce file a lawsuit in this situation or not?   Yes.  If XYZ shoes advertised, "XYZ, the Rolls Royce of shoes," Rolls Royce could file a lawsuit for trademark dilution.

"Trademark dilution" is using another person's or company's well-known trademark for one's own benefit, even when the products are not in competition (such as shoes and automobiles.)

2. I'm not sure, how to pronounce "XYZ shoes".  Pronounce each letter of "XYZ" separately.  Each letter receives equal stress.

Preparing for a conference