My third attempt at translation of a Spanish text (La historia de México)

http://www.italki.com/entry/272277
©All rights reserved by dear Tom Emery! :)

The history of Mexico
I've been reading about the history of Mexico recently and trying to get a general knowledge about its last 500 years. I've studied of the cultures that existed before the arrival of the conquerors, but what I really like (about it) are the big changes in the history, maybe because this helps me to understand why things are the way they are. (or why things are as they Are?)
Unfortunately, the media has filled the imagination of the rest of the world about mexico with negative things like drug trafficking, violence, poverty and emigration. Mexicans seem like eternal victims. But if people read more about their history, they certainly find out that their former imagination has not been true and the way that they think about Mexicans changes. Revolutionaries, freedom fighters, reformers, and men and women of great intellectual prestige.
You are looking at snow-capped Pico de Orizaba, the highest point in Mexico

The history of Mexico 

Unfortunately, the media has caused the world to focus on Mexico's negative aspects, such as drug trafficking, violence, poverty and emigration. Mexicans seem like eternal victims. But if people read more about their history, they will definitely find out that their preconceived notions about Mexico and it's peoples have not been accurate. Throughout history, there have been countless revolutionaries, freedom fighters, reformers, and men and women of great intellectual prestige.

You are looking at snow-capped Pico de Orizaba, the highest point in Mexico.