The Trinity Cathedral

The most ancient building in the monastery is the Trinity Cathedral. It was built in 1422 by serbian monks who find a sanctuary here after battle at Kosovo field between serbian and osmanian armies.
Church was construct in the place of first wooden church, that had was been built by Saint Sergiy Radonejskiy almost 100 years earlier.
Every day hundreds of faithful pilgrims visit the cathedral to bow to relics of Saint. And another sanctity is the icon of Saint Trinity painting by Andrey Rublyov - famous russian iconographer.
It's curious, but there are not original icon in church, just two copies. One of them was made before restavration from darkened by time and frequent renovation original, and second - after when juicy and bright colour of icon was cleared.
Imho, church's architecure and Rublev's painting reflect that in this time Russia became not only independent and strong state nation but our art reached a new level not copied bysantine sample only.

The Trinity Cathedral

The most ancient building in the monastery is the Trinity Cathedral.
    It was built in 1422 by Serbian monks who find found a sanctuary here there after the battle at Kosovon field between the Serbian and Osmanian armies.
    The church was constructed in the place of the first original wooden church, that had was been built by Saint Sergiy Radonejskiy almost 100 years earlier.
    Every day hundreds of faithful pilgrims visit the cathedral to bow to relics of the Saint.
    And another sanctity is the icon of Saint Trinity painting by Andrey Rublyov - a famous Russian iconographer.

/*i'm not sure in the correctnes of the text  below, so i marked it blue and comments in blue italic*/
    It's curious, but there are not original icon in the church, just two copies. /*I wrote just about the icon of Trinity, not others, so i think my variant was right... */

One of these copies was made before the restoration from darkened by time and frequent renovation original, and second - after, when juicy and bright colour of icon was cleared.

Imho, the church's architecure and Rublev's painting reflect that in this time Russia became not only an independent and strong nation state but that our art had reached a new level not copied bysantine sample only.