Proper interior design.

Interior space is a canvas to paint events, thoughts and feelings on. It suggests - but does not force, opens the ways, but sets no limits, it evokes and comforts, but not lulls.

Light and air are the fuel of life - these are never in excess

Nothing more. Every thing must belong there, every single item must be quiestioned about whether it abolutely must be here. If anything can be removed - it should be. It`s not about vulgar functionalism, of course. Old boxing gloves, or a child's drawing, dreams and memories are needed as much as a bed or table are

Integrity and symbiosis. An interior, the living one in particular - should have a character of its own, but it must not impose its own will. This is not a simple set of objects and materials, but is neither a self-worth subject. An interior is a friend that is brought to life by it`s owner

Total ergonomics:

First, the design must meet the true needs of the individual. Someone needs a cozy den, the other may need a way to show his taste and status, or a source of inspiration. If we do not take the actual need into account - everything else is meaningless. Design is created for man, and not for its author.

Second, no detail is too small. Every feature, every function, every movement must be considered. A stunning looking chair may be too soft and soothing, if it is meant for a working place, and a beautiful polished floor can get your dog`s paws slide. If you can enter your kitchen, put a bag of shopping, then put the milk into the refrigerator, the bread - into a bread bin, and cereals and spices - into cupboards without making a single extra step - this is a good design

Third, we have senses at a minimum, and all of these - and not just sight - must be considered. Surface texture, sounds, and smells are no less important than shape and color.

Proper interior design.

(I can not confirm,maybe we need to use "is" to replace "are",because the subject is light and air.)

Integrity and symbiosis. An interior, the living one in particular - should have a character of its own, but it must not impose its own will. This is not a simple set of objects and materials, but is neither a self-worth subject. An interior is a friend that is brought to life by it`s (its)owner

Total ergonomics:

First, the design must meet the true needs of the individual. Someone needs a cozy den, the others may need a way to show his taste and status, or a source of inspiration. If we do not take the actual need into account - everything else is meaningless. Design is created for man, and not for its author.

A good essay