Winter in Russia

If people don`t know any interesting topic for conversation they talk about the weather. So do I.
Here in the south of Eastern Siberia winter lasts for five months. It begins in November when first snow falls and comes to the end in March when temperature goes up above zero. In winter the sun usually rises at 10 p.m. It`s very depressing to get up and go at work in the dark in the mornings. In addition you have to put on much warm clothes to go outdoors such as cap, fur coat, boots and gloves. Sometimes the temperature falls to 35 degree Celsius below zero and then the classes at school are delayed for children under the age of 14. We have a lot of snow every winter. People have to remove snow from the way in their yards and near the gates. Banks of snow are no wonder for us.For me winter has only disadvantages because I don`t do any skiing or skating. So I`m become very happy when the spring begins.
Despite of long cold snowy winter the place where I live the Republic of Khakassia is called 'sunny republic' because number of sunny days here are more than in the south of Russia in the Black sea`s area.

Winter in Russia

It`s very depressing to get up and go to work in the dark in the mornings.

So I`m become very happy when the spring begins.

Winter in Russia

Here in the south of Eastern Siberia winter lasts for five months. It begins in November when first snow falls and lasts till the end of March when temperature goes up above zero. In winter the sun usually rises at 10 a.m. It`s very depressing to get up and go to work in the dark in the mornings. In addition, you have to put on many warm clothes to go outdoors such as a hat, a fur coat, boots and gloves. Sometimes the temperature falls to 35 degrees Celsius below zero and then classes at school are cancelled for children under the age of 14. We have a lot of snow every winter. People have to remove snow from the way in their yards and near the gates. Banks of snow are no wonder for us. For me winter has only disadvantages because I don`t go skiing or skating. So, I become very happy when spring begins.

Winter in Russia

Here in the south of Eastern Siberia winter lasts for five months. It begins in November when first snow falls and comes to the end in March when temperature goes up above zero. In winter the sun usually rises at 10 a.m. It`s very depressing to get up and go at work in the dark in the mornings. In addition you have to put on much warm clothes to go outdoors such as cap, fur coat, boots and gloves. Sometimes the temperature falls to 35 degree Celsius below zero and then the classes at school are delayed for children under the age of 14. We have a lot of snow every winter. People have to remove snow from the way in their yards and near the gates. Banks of snow are no wonder for us.For me winter has only disadvantages because I don`t do any skiing or skating. So I`m become very happy when the spring begins.