learners attitude

I'm going to enter the university and dorm in Japan this spring,where there're many students from other countries.I'm highly looking forward to seeing them but ,on the other hand ,I have one anxiety:I worry about whether I can communicate with them well because I've had few chances to directly talk with other country people.First impression is quite important to live together happily.
Which attitude do you think is better for foreign language learners like me? or Which attitude do you want us to have when you talk with a person who learns your mother tongue?

1,Someone who puts emphasis on speaking fluently and with good pronunciation, but the content he/she speaks is a bit childish or worthless discussing.For example he/she too often uses slang he/she's just remembered.

2,Someone who puts emphasis on making the content more sophisticated,worth discussing ,but he/she has poor vocaburary and poor pronunciation.Perhaps you may bother to ask what he/she said repeatedly.However ,he/she tries to convey very hard what he/she has to say.

Of course we learners should study hard to have more vocaburary,better pronunciation and ,at the same time, make the content more interesting,meaningful. But in this case suppose both of them are beginners and they can't do so yet.

I suppose we should have a No.2 attitude because No.1 is impertinent for beginners though it appears cool.What matters when communicating is a content and enthusiasm for conveing what we want to say,not a form we speak.So to say,native spaekers are professional and learners are amateur.We learners should be humble.

Please tell me your idea!Thanks in advance!

learners attitude

I'm going to enter the university and dorm in Japan this spring, where there're many students from other countries. I'm highly looking forward to seeing them but, on the other hand, I have one anxiety reservation: I worry about whether I can communicate with them well because I've only had few chances to directly talk with other country foreign people.First impression is quite important to live together happily.

Which attitude do you think is better for foreign language learners like me? Or which attitude do you want us to have when you talk with a person who learns your mother tongue?

1, Someone who puts emphasis on speaking fluently and with good pronunciation, but the content he/she speaks of their speech is a bit childish or worthless not worth discussing. For example, he/she* too often uses slang he/she's just remembered.

2, Someone who puts emphasis on making the content more sophisticated, worth discussing, but he/she has poor vocabulary and poor pronunciation. Perhaps you may bother to ask what he/she said repeatedly. However, he/she tries to convey very hard what he/she has to say.

Of course we learners should study hard to have more vocabulary, better pronunciation and, at the same time, make the content more interesting, and meaningful. But in this case suppose both of them are beginners and they can't do so yet.

I suppose we should have a No.2 attitude because No.1 is impertinent for beginners though it appears cool. What matters when communicating is a content and enthusiasm for conveying what we want to say, and not a form we speak. So to say, native speakers are professional in their language and learners are amateur. We learners should be humble.

Please tell me your idea! Thanks in advance!

*While "he/she" is technically correct, most native English speakers usually use "they" when referring to a third-person singular. It's just less work, and easier to comprehend.

Comment:

It took me a while to learn that making mistakes while speaking a foreign language should not only be okay, but encouraged. While I speak English natively, I still don't always speak it 100% accurately, so why pressure myself for perfection while learning a foreign language? Of course, people should correct me, but I'm still learning, so that's okay. I suppose this puts me in the second group, because I'm more willing to discuss what I find interesting.