I found it strange, how about yours?

I live in Iran I'm kurd not persian, We as a kurd have strange celebration 1 or 2 days befor new year which here called 'Halava Malava"!
So what' is Halava Malava, I dont know whta dose that mean but an act during these that days take place is amizing in these 2 days children at day time go out and knock the neighbors door to get chocolate and biscuits and at night time teens and youths go on the top of the neighbors' roof and they tie a bucket with a long thread and they hang it over the roof in the front entrance door and they sing "Halava Malava kurakatan Babe Ba Zava Shetikman Bo Bakhana Ban Tava!" which means "Halava Malava! Your son be a groom, put me some thing under the frying pan!" and they asking for red colored eggs!
AND TODAY IS THE DAY..
Is there some thing strange as this around you?
Please correct my mistakes too

I found find it strange. how about yours Do you have one too?

I live in Iran. I'm Kurd not Persian, We as a Kurds have strange celebration. 1 or 2 For one or two days before our New Year, which here called this period is known as "Halava Malava".!

So what' is I do not know what Halava Malava, I dont know whta dose that means but it is an amazing act during these that days take place is amizing in these 2 days Children at day time would go out in the day to and knock at the doors of their neighbors door to get chocolate and biscuits. and at At night, time teens and youths the older ones would go on the top of their neighbors' roofs and they tie a bucket with a long thread rope to and they hang it over the roof in the front entrance door and they would sing "Halava Malava kurakatan Babe Ba Zava Shetikman Bo Bakhana Ban Tava!" which means ("Halava Malava! May your son be a groom. put me some thing under the Give us something and put it into the bucket)frying pan!" [I don't know Kurdish to correct or translate what the words you wrote.  I can only make sense from the context.] and What they are asking are some for red colored eggs!
    AND TODAY IS THE THIS DAY... 

Is there some thing strange as this around you? Do you have this sort of strange customs?
    Please correct my mistakes tooThanks.

We don't have this sort of stange custom for New Year.  However, we do have a similar custom of giving red colored eggs.  This is given during when some legal pregnancy (as opposed to those outside marriage) had occurred.  Red colored eggs are given to signifiy the coming of the new born.  Usually a pair is given.  Not because to have two children in the womb but to express the union comes from the two parents.