Horsemeat scandal or why you should never buy food from a furniture store.

OOPT

Recent Ikea’s horse meatballs scandal has risen up many questions about food safety again. Some people have been watching this food crisis with one eye because they think it really doesn’t affect them. Just because you have not been “fortunate” to taste those meat products with traces of horsemeat, doesn’t mean you are free from other possible scenarios where food safety is not ensured at all.

Let’s face it. You would never expect to get a good coffee from a coffee machine, you wouldn’t think fresh tomatoes and oranges can be found in Iceland, so why should we think that a famous furniture chain would become a superb food restaurant?. Why are people eating meatballs..in Ikea anyway? Indeed, that doesn’t sound very clever. People are not to blame though. The lack of food safety has highlighted once again how unprotected general public is from some food industry practices.

Personally I’ve never tasted swedish meatballs from Ikea before, not meaning we are free from fraud where we pay for one product and are maliciously given another.

You're right about this, Andres.

I've had those meatballs once before and they were not very good at all.  Don't know why people go so crazy for them.  That was years ago though so hopefully they didn't have horsemeat then.  However when it comes to processed food and the entire moden industrial food system, can we truly ever know what the hell we're eating?

------------

The recent Ikea’s horse meatballs scandal at Ikea has risen brought up many questions about food safety once again. Some people have been watching this food crisis with one eye because they think it really doesn’t really affect them. Just because you have not been “fortunate” to taste those meat products with traces of horsemeat, doesn’t mean that you are free from other possible scenarios where food safety is not ensured guaranteed at all.

Let’s face it. You would never expect to get a good coffee from a coffee machine, and you wouldn’t think fresh tomatoes and oranges can be found in Iceland, so why should we think that a famous furniture chain would become a superb food restaurant?. (this is fine but I would reword it to have the same subject, just you or just we, not you and we)  Why are people eating meatballs in Ikea anyway? Indeed, that doesn’t seem very smart sound very clever. People are not to blame though. The lack of food safety has highlighted once again how unprotected the general public is from some bad food industry practices.

Personally I’ve never tasted eaten Swedish meatballs from Ikea before, not meaning we are free from fraud where we pay for one product and are maliciously given another.

(Again watch the subject agreement, something like below sounds better to me)

Although personally you may not have eaten Swedish meatballs at Ikea before, that doen't mean that you are free from fraud where you pay for one product and are maliciously given another.