An Email

Yesterday I went to Taipei angain to meet to my thesis adviser. So today I don't in the mood to write my thesis at all. I thought maybe I should clean up my mailbox which I haven't checked for a long time and see if I got any news from Germany.

I really got one! This was an email from my student. She told me she is coming to Taiwan this August and currently she is preparing for the chinese test. I am so happy about this.

I know she wants to come to Taiwan to study Chinese. But the place is not enough for all those who want to come here. When I was in Germany, I often hang out with her and her friends. I knew not all of the students like me, and I was only familiar with some. She was one of those students I had good relationship with. She is not very talktive but we did language exchange together.

Originally she was not allowed to come here because my university doesn't offer them that many places. I was very disappointed by this news. Afterwards, the prinicipal of the department had tried to negociated with my university , and finally she can come here.

I am looking forward to their coming. I was quite upset when I teached in Germany. I didn't know how to deal with my students. The relationship between teachers and students in Germany is very different from that in Taiwan. Many times I felt many of them didn't respect me at all. Two days ago, I met a freind I've knewn in Germany. She told me the new intern couldn't get well with them, so she quitted it and she will come back to Taiwan very soon. I was very schocked by this news. At the same time, I felt relived. I am not the only one who got a bad experience there.

I don't mean that those German students are brothersome. It's too complicated to say it here. Anyway, I've learned something from the year I've spent there. Those ups and downs just force me to become stronger. And those students I like will come here. It's enough.

An Email

Yesterday I went to Taipei again to meet to my thesis adviser. So today I am not in the mood to write my thesis at all. I thought maybe I should clean up my mailbox which I haven't checked for a long time and see if I got any news from Germany.

I really got one! This was an email from my student. She told me she is coming to Taiwan this August and currently she is preparing for the Chinese test. I am so happy about this.

Chinese is a proper noun which must be capitalized.

I know she wants to come to Taiwan to study Chinese, but the place is not enough (there are not enough spaces) for all those who want to come here. When I was in Germany, I often hung out (or, "would often hang out") with her and her friends. I knew not all of the students liked me, and I was only familiar with some. She was one of those students I had good relationship with. She is not very talktive but we did language exchange together.

But is a conjunction, used to join two clauses. We don't often begin sentences with conjunctions. When indicates past, so the present hang is improper unless used with the past would.

Originally she was not allowed to come here because my university doesn't offer them that many places. I was very disappointed by this news. Afterwards, the prinicipal of the department had tried to negotiate with my university, and finally she can come here.

Because you already defined this happened in the past with had tried, use the present form with to. You could also have said "the principal negotiated."

I am looking forward to their coming. I was quite upset when I taught in Germany. I didn't know how to deal with my students. The relationship between teachers and students in Germany is very different from that in Taiwan. Many times I felt many they didn't respect me at all. Two days ago, I met a friend I've known in Germany. She told me the new intern couldn't get along well with them, so she quit it and she will come back to Taiwan very soon. I was very shocked by this news. At the same time, I felt relieved. I am not the only one who got a bad experience there.

I don't mean that those German students are bothersome. It's too complicated to say it here. Anyway, I've learned something from the year I've spent there. Those ups and downs just force me to become stronger. And those students I like will come here. It's enough.

This is well written!