Dmitry Donskoy

I was named after the Russian ruler Dmitry Donskoy. He lived in the Middle Ages and one of his greatest achievements was the victory over the Mongol army on the Kulikovskoe field. Till those moment the Mongols had been considered undefeated, but Dmitry Donskoy had proofed that it was wrong. In this battle he didn't get scared to lead his army from it's first line of his warriors. He made the armor exchange with another man and looked like a usual soldier. During the Kulikovskaya Battle he was being injured and the man he had exchanged the armor with had been killed. It was one of the first important victories of the Russians over the Mongols.
So, now if I confronted with some hard situations in my life, I remember Dmitry Donskoy and try to be courageous like he.

Dmitry Donskoy

I was named after the Russian ruler (maybe "monarch", if he inherited his position of power, or, "military leader". Maybe back in his time there wasn't the exact (military) ranks that exist today.) Dmitry Donskoy. He lived during the Middle Ages and one of his greatest achievements was the victory over the Mongol army on the Kulikovskoe field (we would probably say, "at the battle of such and such"). Until this battle the Mongols were considered to be undefeatable. But Dmitry Donskoy proved that this was not true. He was a courageous leader who led his army from the front lines and who took part in combat along with his soldiers (I think that's right? Is that what you meant and is it accurate?). He made the armor exchange with another man and looked like a usual soldier (I don't understand this. Do you mean he gave his personal armor to a lower ranking soldier?). During the Battle of Kulikovskaya he was injured and the man he had exchanged the armor with was killed (or "slain"). This battle was one of the first significant victories that the Russians had over the Mongols (like the battle of Yorktown, right? lol. American revolutionary war).
    So, now, whenever I am confronted with a difficult or adverse situation in my life, I remember my namesake, Dmitry Donskoy, and I try to be courageous, as he was.