The Importance of Hand-Writing

In today’s society, most people are willing to take any methods to avoid writing by hands. This is how the related technologies developed. However, does it justify that hand-writing is necessarily troublesome, unenjoyable and wasting time? If the answer is ‘yes’, there is just a lack of awareness of the functions that hand-writing has artistically and intellectually.

The Chinese characters are more a discipline of art than the symbols being a language. Hand-writing always plays a significant role during the journey that Chinese characters survived. In the remote ancient time, hand-writing was the major way of recording before the printing technology was invented. After that, it did not change the important position of hand-writing. Still, thousands of calligraphy workpieces were written by those artists and they are now a marvelous component of Chinese traditional culture. It is said that Chinese students’ ability to hand-write Chinese characters is on the decline. If so, the patrimony of Chinese characters, both in language and art, will fall apart. Being somewhat utilitarian, hand-writing helps a lot in memory. A study shows that Chinese speakers have less possibility to get a disease that a person cannot recognize the written language he read or writes every day than western countries people. The reason is our hand-writing system is completely different from those that use alphabets. Our hand-writing systems opens up some areas in our brain.

The importance of hand-writing is just like the importance of having the attention to beauty and rationality. It can help you become an artist somehow, and you can also be more intellect by hand-writing Chinese characters.

-Revised version-

The Importance of Hand-Writing.

In this modern society, most people are willing to take any methods to avoid writing by using hands. This is how technology develop. However, does it justify that hand-writing is necessarily troublesome, unenjoyable and waste of time? If the answer is ‘yes’, there is a lack of awareness that hand-writing have an artistic and intellectual functions.

The Chinese characters is more of an art-discipline rather than a language. Hand-writing always play a significant role during the history when Chinese characters survived.

In the remote ancient time, hand-writing is the only way to record text before the printing technology was invented. Soon after that, it did not change the importance of hand-writing. Still, thousands of calligraphy workpieces were written by those artists and they became a marvelous component of Chinese traditional culture. It is said that Chinese students’ ability to write Chinese characters using hands is being declined. If so, the patrimony of the Chinese characters, both in language and art, will fall apart. Being somewhat utilitarian, hand-writing helps a lot in memory. A study shows that Chinese speakers have less possibility to get a disease that a person cannot recognize the written language he read or writes every day than western countries people. The reason is our hand-writing system is completely different from those who uses alphabets. Our hand-writing systems opens up some areas in our brain.

The importance of hand-writing is just like the importance of having the attention of beauty and rationality. Somehow, It can help you to become an artist and become more intellect by hand-writing Chinese characters.

The importance of hand-writing is just like the importance of having the attention to beauty and rationality. It can help you become an artist somehow, and you can also be more intellect by hand-writing Chinese characters.[I find the conclusion rather weak and disconnected. I suggest you provide a link. For example, "Chinese characters evolve from pictograms. Though they may be in highly abstract forms, their vestigal origins can still be seen. Nevertheless, like modern abstract art, they offers beauty in the eye of the beholder. As such, I feel that I can be connected to my artistic side when I write Chinese characters by hand."]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_amnesia

Good. As a matter of fact, recently I plunked down US$200 for a fountain pen to practise my handwriting both in English and Chinese. The ink seems to give me a permanance and personal attachment to what I wrote than just using a ballpoint. To me, using a ballpen seems to be a write and throw away thing. However, in the world of communication other than art, the printed form is preferred as it offers clarity and standard. Not everyone has beautiful handwriting.

The Importance of Hand-Writing Handwriting

In today’s society, most people are willing to take refer to use any other methods to avoid writing by hands. This is how the related the technologyies was developed for this avoidance. However, does it this justify that hand-writing handwriting is cumbersome, inconvenient and a waste of time? necessarily troublesome, unenjoyable and wasting time? If the answer is a yes, then there is just a lack of awareness of the functions that hand-writing that writing by the hand [I am restructing this sentence because too many "handwriting" has been used.] no longer functions has the artistically and intellectually enjoyment.

The Chinese characters are more than just a discipline of art than the mere symbols being a of the language. Hand-writing It has always been plays a significant role during in the the journey that Chinese characters survived in the development of Chinese culture, even to this day. In the remote ancient times, hand-writing transmission by the hand was the major way of recording before the printing technology was invented. Even when this techonology came, After that, it did not change diminish/lessen the important position importance of hand-writing. Still, Thousands of calligraphy workpieces were written by those artists were churned out and they are is now a marvelous component of Chinese traditional culture. It is said has been observed that Chinese students’ the ability to hand-write Chinese characters by hand is on the decline. If so, the patrimony of Chinese characters, both in as language and art, will fall apart. Being somewhat utilitarian, hand-writing helps a lot in memory. A study shows that Chinese speakers have less possibility to get a disease that a person cannot recognize the written language he read or writes every day than western countries people. To be able to write manually is to prevent character amnesia. The reason is our hand-writing system script is completely different from those that use alphabetic languages. Our hand-writing systems opens up some areas in our brainWriting Chinese characters affect different parts of the brain differently when spelling out words.

The Importance of Hand-Writing

In today’s society, most people are willing to take any methods to avoid writing by hand. This is how the related technologies developed. However, is it justified by the perception that hand-writing is necessarily troublesome, unenjoyable and wasting time? If the answer is ‘yes’, there is just a lack of awareness of the functions that hand-writing has, artistically and intellectually.

The Chinese characters are more a discipline of art than the symbols of a language. Hand-writing has always played a significant role during the journey in which Chinese characters survived. In the remote ancient times, hand-writing was the major way of recording before the printing technology was invented. After that, it did not change the important position of hand-writing. Still, thousands of works of calligraphy workpieces were written by those artists and they are now a marvelous component of Chinese traditional culture. It is said that Chinese students’ ability to use handwritten Chinese characters is on the decline. If so, the patrimony of Chinese characters, both in language and art, will fall apart. Being somewhat utilitarian, hand-writing helps a lot in the development of memory. One study shows that Chinese speakers have less possibility of getting a disease than a person who cannot recognize the written language he read or writes every day, as is the case for some people in western countries people. The reason is that our hand-writing system is completely different from those that use alphabets. Our hand-writing systems open up some areas in our brain.

The importance of hand-writing is just like the importance of having the attention to beauty and rationality. It can help you become an artist somehow, and you can also be more intellectually developed by hand-writing Chinese characters.

[Excellent.  Many of my changes were not so much corrections, but suggestions on what would sound more natural.  You make your point well.]