Placentas

I saw a question about how to use two phrases that have very similiar meanings. Just like many other native speakers, I barely think about subtle differences of words or phrases, if at all. So it took me like a minute to come up with what good examples of the phrases might be. What I could think of off the top of my head was an example that involves placentas. It might have been very much to do with the fact that I just read about some mothers who chose to eat their placentas.
As far as I am concerned, people who believe eating their placentas can do any good for them could be very much likely to experience de facto placebos, since Whether eating placentas is beneficial or harmful is not proved clinically. It is actually an appalling idea that is close to self-cannibalism or half-self-cannibalism for that matter because placentas are mearly a byproduct of birth that are in part from a mother and in part from a fetus. I find it highly revolting.
With regard to those two phrases, this is how I see it. I use "먹으려고 해" when I mean to say "try to eat", whereas "먹어보려고 해" is used when I want to give it a try at something. The formor shows that the action was taken with an intent or some sort of a motivation, but when I use the latter, I am not committing to anything yet, and it is possible that I might quit doing that if it doesn't work out.
Incorporating placentas into the usage of these phrases, some mothers would say "먹어보려고 해"
Yuck.