About hyperactive students in China and in West

My student lets me know a new word today, hyperactive.

Then I searched for "hyperactive students" on google. Then I knew another new word, ADHD, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

I had similar little problem in Childhood, I talked with deskmate a lot in class. But I am glad none of my teachers said I am hyperactive or ADHD. Every time my parents attended the school meeting with all other classmates' parents, my teacher would tell them I talked a lot in class. Then I realized it was no good for my study. I tried to focus on listening to the teacher. I talked less and less in class. When I went to the high school, I didn't talk in class at all.

All teachers may have attention problem, and I think teachers in the west have a harder time, cause Chinese culture emphasizes more on discipline.

And in China people like naughty children more, and they tend to believe that students who are lack of discipline in school are more likely to be successful when they enter the real world. Even though successful persons are the minority, at least you won't get a label from teacher or doctor.

I don't think education and medical treatment should be business. I hope the internet will change the world.

In the end, let me tell you a joke, and relax a little bit after such a serious topic.

Don't look down upon any of your students:

Those who curry favor with the teacher, will be a politician;
Those who cheat in examination, will be a businessman;
Those who study hard, will be a teacher.

About hyperactive students in China and in The West

My student taught me a new word today- hyperactive.

I searched for "hyperactive students" on google, then I learned another new word- ADHD, or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

I had a similar problem associated with ADHD in childhood; I talked with classmates a lot during class. However, I am glad none of my teachers said I am hyperactive or have ADHD. Every time my parents attended the school meeting with all the other classmates' parents, my teacher would tell them I talked a lot in class. It was then that I realized it was no good for my studies. I tried to focus on listening to the teacher. I talked less and less in class. When I went to the high school, I didn't talk in class at all.

All teachers may have an attention problem, and I think teachers in the West have a harder time, because Chinese culture emphasizes more on discipline.

In China, people seem to like naughty children more, and they tend to believe that students who lack discipline in school are more likely to be successful when they enter the real world. Even though successful people are the minority, [[at least you won't get a label from teacher or doctor.]] I'm not quite sure I know what this means. =)

Let's wrap this serious topic up with a joke, just to ease the tension:

Those who carry favor with the teacher will become politicians;
    Those who cheat in examinations will become businessmen;
    Those who study hard will become teachers.