help fix

during the last decade, the study of advertising language has been addressed from what can be be regarded as a culture-sensitive perspective. Hence, advertisements have been considered as clear examples of cross- cultural transfer, echoing House's concept of " cultural filter" which recommends making cultural adjustments in the way the audience is addressed linguistically in ads. the culture-sensitive perspective insists on the assumption that our ideas, our values, our acts and our emotions are cultural products and as individuals we live under the guidance of cultural patterns, historically-created system of meaning. the concept of global advertising emerges on the basis of the assumed universality of basic emotions such as happiness, anger and fear. on argument in favour of universal basic emotions is that most languages possess limited sets of central emotion. labelling words which refer to a small number of commonly experiences emotions. cultural mediator who acts as an expert translating a text under the conditions set by the commission of a client, her/his expectations, and certain intercultural constraints. Generally speaking, there is no single identifiable author behind an advert. Although some people working for an advertising agency are responsible for the creative effort of putting a more or less vague idea into concrete form, the fact remains that several departments are involved in the process and there is no guarantee that the verbal code precedes other semiotic codes in the genesis of an ad. advertising language and translation stand out not only as linguistic and cultural activities, but also as key commercial activities which often must tackle the marketing experts negative views of translators. As ho observes, in a global economy, the success or failure of a marketing campaigns is determined in part by the quality of the commercial translations. it is generally accepted that the better the quality of the translation, the higher the value of the product's sales.