The winter sky and winter colors. And other seasons. Written in English.

Spring is here, again. I try to remember things though, and to remember how things will change again. Every season, and many places have their characteristics. In the winter, the sky is characterized by the softness of the colors. Usually blue, yellow, sometimes at late afternoon and dusk by some orange. There is often a gradation of color from one to the other. (Technically, what I am speaking of is unsaturated colors, essentially with white light diluting them.) Not every winter day is like this but I this is a reflection of the truth. Often cloud forms are not as dramatic on other seasons but a low cloud cover is that which softens the light. Along with this is the sinuous bare trees, in which one can observe the reach, growth, and form of the branches. But at night the winter sky can be clear and the stars shine as brightly as they can here on earth, although obscured by electric lights. A fall sky during can be a clear, intense blue, without any clouds or vapor in the air. A summer afternoon can be dynamic, as convection forms a thunderhead or at least a raincloud. All blue and white, without any other hues. A winter sky was often portrayed by northern artists; Duerer maybe, but mainly Bruegel the elder. A clear autumn sky might be found in Da Vinci's works, along with the dusk that sharpens the mind and senses. Constable (English, 1800s) often portrayed the cumulus and afternoon convection above the English countryside. The impressionists often painted the summer, but not that which I described. Theirs was often hazy and calm.