The War

The article of this post was prompted to me after the conversation that had occured between me and one Lankan pal. Passing in his car by the house of prime-minister I noticed a lot of military men with weapons and asked him about the war.

If anyone doesn’t know in Sri Lanka only four years ago has finished the war between government army and partisan troops which lasted twenty-six years. Passing along the main road he told me about air straiks and showed where bombs were falling. But most of all I was affected by two things.

Firstly is that there are 26 years of 38 my friend lived under the pressure and fear to be killed in any moment. He didn’t know will he come back at home in the evening or no when he went at work in the morning.
And secondly, his story about one family. I didn’t understand whether they were his relatives or he was acquainted with them or the story just got a public fact. There was a family in a short way to the city and parents were needed to get at work by bus. And they got into the different buses. When I asked him about the reason for such action his answer was simple and terrible. Because they didn’t want to leave their children orphaned. And if one day bomb will fall at the bus at least one parent will be alive. The end of the story is sad…

As I said the conversation was in the car after the nice lunch we had at the ocean coast and the story has had a deep impression on me and my wife. When you are looking at the modern buildings of the hotels and shops and smiling faces of people you cannot believe it. It is difficulty to realize that in many places around the world up to now are going on wars and people kill each other…

And secondly, Finally, his story is about one family. I didn’t understand am not sure whether they were his relatives or he was acquainted with them acquaintances.  Perhaps, the storyline is so prevalent of the times.  or the story just got a public fact. There was a family in a short way to lived near to the city. and parents were needed to get at work by They have to get to their workplace by bus. I was suprised to hear that the father and mother took And they got into the different buses. When I asked him about for the reason. for such action His answer was swift and simple and terrible. Because I was horrified to hear that the parents did not they didn’t want to leave their children to become orphans! orphaned. And Should if one day, a bomb hits, and should both parents happened to be in the same bus... will fall at the bus at least one parent will be alive. The end of the story is sad…

As I said the conversation was in the car after the We had a nice lunch we had at the with a panoramic view of the ocean. coast and the Then, from an innocent question asked in the car, has had a deep impression on me and my wife and I were greatly moved by his tale. When you are Looking at the smiling faces amidst the luxurious modern buildings of the hotels and grand shopping malls and smiling faces of people you one would never believe the horrors and atrocities lie buried under these grandeur. cannot believe it. It is difficulty to realize that in many places around the world, up to now are on going on wars and people kill each other are inflicting fear and pain upon man to man

Good piece.

Anna's correction is superb and I cannot correct any better than hers.  By your request, I shall write it in a different style.  At least this way, you have something different and see different people express differently.

The War

The This article of this post was prompted to me after the conversation that had occurred between me and one my Sri Lankan pal and me. Passing in his car by the house of prime-minister in my friend's car, I noticed a lot of there were many uniformed military men with weapons around the place. and I began to asked him about the war.

If anyone doesn’t know in Sri Lanka Only four years agothe Sri Lankan Civil War had ended. has finished the war between government army and partisan troops which It lasted twenty-six years. Passing along the main road, he told me about the air straiks strikes and showed where the bombs fell.were falling. But most of However, there were all I was affected by two things which affected me the most.

Firstly is that there are 26 years For twenty-six out of 38 thirty-eight years, my friend lived under the pressure and fear to be killed in any moment. He didn’t know will he come back at home in the evening or no when he went at to work in the morning and not knowing if he can return home safely in the evening.  Such is the constant pressure and fear he had to endure.  I shudder at the thought of myself being in his shoes. My heart goes out to you. [This what makes a piece warmer and personal, connecting the writer to his readers]

The War

The subject of this post was prompted by the conversation that had occured between me and one Lankan pal. We were in his car passing by the house of the prime-minister, I noticed a lot of military men with weapons, and I asked him about the war.

In case anyone doesn’t know, in Sri Lanka only four years ago, has the war which lasted twenty-six years between government army and partisan troops, came to an end. Passing along the main road he told me about air strikes and showed me where bombs had fallen. But most of all I was affected by two things.

Firstly, for 26 years out of 38, my friend lived under the pressure and fear of being killed at any moment. He didn’t know if he would return home in the evening or not when he went to work in the morning.
    And secondly, his story about one family. I didn’t understand whether they were his relatives or he was acquainted with them, or the story just became public knowledge. There was a family in a short way from the city and parents were needed to get to work by bus. And they got onto the different buses. When I asked him about the reason for this action his answer was simple and terrible. Because they didn’t want to leave their children orphaned. And if one day a bomb fell on one of the buses, at least one parent will be alive. The end of the story is sad…

As I said the conversation was in the car after a nice lunch we had at the ocean coast and the story has had a deep impression on my wife and I. When you are looking at the modern buildings of the hotels and shops and smiling faces of the people you cannot believe it. It is difficulty to realize that in many places around the world right now are wars are going on and people are killing each other…

I liked your entry Alex.

I am blessed not to have known this terror in my life.

And your story gives us a starting point to work on :-)