Spring Break

HOLY WEEK IS AROUND THE COURNER

Holy week has started with a huge increase of Salvadorian tourist who has visited the beaches around the country, in order to reduce the accidents in these holidays the police have started a control campaign.

During the first days the VMT (Vice-ministerio de Transporte) have done 4,139 alcohol tests around the country, after these proofs have been reported about 39 reckless drivers, Olivia Ortega the head of VMT said.
Ortega explain that the maximum level of alcohol allowed is 99 degrees, if the drivers were between 60° and 90° the policeman only make a light warming, but if the drivers were over 99° degrees they have to pay a ticket of $57.14.
The VMT have extended police checks over the main streets of the country, in coordination with tourist police.
It expects that police checks increase during the last days of holidays and mostly close of the tourist places and beaches.

Spring Break

HOLY WEEK IS AROUND THE COURNER

Holy week has started with a huge increase of Salvadorian tourists who have visited the beaches around the country. In order to reduce the accidents in these holidays the police have started a control campaign.

During the first days the VMT (Vice-ministerio de Transporte) have done 4,139 alcohol tests around the country; after these proofs have been reported these tests resulted in finding about 39 reckless drivers, Olivia Ortega the head of VMT said.
    Ortega explain that the maximum level of alcohol allowed is 99 degrees, if the drivers were between 60° and 90° the policeman policemen only make give a light warming, but if the drivers were over 99° degrees they have to pay a ticket of $57.14.
    The VMT have has extended police checks over the main streets of the country, in coordination with tourist police.
    It expects that police checks to increase during the last days of holidays and mostly close of to the tourist places and beaches.