Fast or slow speach?

Hi you all! Everything alright?

My listening comprehension sucks! (Is it bad language? Or vulgar? It seems so common, I really don't know. Sorry if it is not polite).

So, an iTalki member suggested me two ESL podcasts. In the first one texts are read slowly, in, say, a professional manner. Naturally chances are that I can comprehend a bit more. The second podcast uses a more day-to-day speech rate. It also uses more slangs, for example. I should, therefore, understand much less.

Which way do you think I should follow? Why?

Thanks a lot!
Francisco.

Fast or slow speach?

Hi you all! Everything alright? (Everything good?)

My listening comprehension sucks! (Is it bad language? Or vulgar? It seems so common, I really don't know. Sorry if it is not polite). (it's fine...it's just casual)

So, an iTalki member suggested to me two ESL podcasts. In the first one texts are read slowly, in, say, a professional manner. Naturally chances are that I can comprehend a bit more. The second podcast uses a more day-to-day speech rate. It also uses more slangs, for example. I should, therefore, understand much less.

Thanks a lot!
    Francisco.

I guess it depends on what you are learning English for!  I would focus on the day-to-day podcast if you are just learning for fun.  Honestly, I never realized how often I talk in expressions and slang until I started studying Portuguese and realized I couldn't figure out the translations haha! Of course it is important to learn formal speech as well; however, if I were in your position I would spend more time with the normal podcast.  Good luck and let me know if you need any help :)

Fast or slow speech?

Hi you all! Everything alright? [We find this corny in English]

My listening comprehension is horrible. sucks! (Is it bad language? Or vulgar? It seems so common, I really don't know. Sorry if it is not polite). [You may use this in informal writing and in dialog for the proper context.]

So, an iTalki member suggested to me, two ESL podcasts. In the first onethe texts are is read slowly, in, say, a professional manner. Naturally, chances are that I can comprehend a bit more. The second podcast uses a more day-to-day speech rate. It also uses more slang.s, For example. I should, therefore, understand much less.

Thanks a lot!
    Francisco.

You need both ways.  The first one teaches you how to speak properly and slow enough to understand and build your confidence.  If you cannot understand what is spoken at a fast rate, you can never learn anything.  If a person speaks too fast, you can ask that person to slow down.  It would be the same advice you give to a person learning Portuguese.