Why learning languages is so hard!?!

Like most Chinese children, I began to learn English in my primary school. At that time,I thouht learning English it's a task, because we had to pass English exams to enter junior schools or high schools. , learning English is memorizing English words and grammar rules. Later, when I entered university, English is my major, I have to memorize more words, and read a lot, but I still can't understand some English novels, stories and some news. I get very disappointed, I wonder if I'm wasting my time. Now, I'm still learning English, but I can't see any improvement.
I began to learn French in my second semester as a sophomore.French is compulsory course for us. At the beginning, I thouht maybe French isn't very very hard to learn because French shares the same alphabet with English, but later, the more I learn in the class the harder I feel. The conjugaison is really hard to memorize.
And there' re some same words in French and English, but the pronunciation are different, that's drive me to crazy.
Why learning languages is so hard? Can you give me some advices?

Why learning languages is so hard?!

--The question mark comes first, followed by the exclamation mark.

As this is to emphasis on the anger and frustration when it comes to expressing  yourself.

Like most Chinese children, I began to learn English in my primary school. At that time,I thought learning English is a task, because we had to pass English exams to enter junior schools or high schools.

--Break down the sentences, too much words being clumped together makes it hard to follow the meaning behind the sentence. Keeping each paragraph to 3-5 sentences. It makes the sentences more readable :)

Learning English is memorizing English words and grammar rules. Later, when I entered university, English is my major, I have to memorize more words, and read a lot, but I still can't understand some English novels, stories and some news. I get very disappointed, I wonder if I'm wasting my time.

--Don't worry about it, most of us in life never achieved Shakespeare or English Professor level. I still cannot understand Pride and Prejudice from Jane Austeen. It's too high leveled for me. But then again, I think most people cannot understand that level of English and what should be focus on its the ability to understand communicate with others.

--As life is so short, do spend more time enjoying the process of learning English. You may not understand some of the words now, but, in time and determination you will, and when that time comes, all those anger and frustration of learning English would just wash away. And suddenly English becomes so easy.

--P.S. Your command of English is actually impressive, so rest assured you are on the right track.

Now, I'm still learning English, but I can't see any improvement.
    I began to learn French in my second semester as a sophomore.French is compulsory course for us. At the beginning, I thought maybe French isn't very very hard to learn because French shares the same alphabet with English, but, later on, the more I learn in the class the harder I feel. The conjugation is really hard to memorize.

--Less is more, I canceled out the words, as the meaning of the sentence remains. There's beauty in simplicity. 

-Just some minor spelling error in red. 

-The word "drive" is the direction, there's no need to say "to" anymore. So hence I shorten the sentence.

--All languages are hard to be honest. Even though I am Chinese by blood. I have not learned Mandarin my entire life. I too found Chinese to be not so easy, but I am undaunted, as I am more determined to learn Mandarin, as the reward of making friends globally is an immense reward and satisfaction. 

However, whether learning language is hard the child who learned it since young, does not find learning language to be hard. Because they have been accustomed since young. Whether the child is a French, British or Chinese. But learning something out of routine makes it a challenge at first, but, this can be overcomed by making it fun to learn.

Focus on English first, is my best advice, a mind split to two task is not an effective one. French may seem exotic and elegant, but, resist the temptation to learn French. Focus on English on first and when you are ready.

Then you will be able to master other language at ease.

There's a Chinese saying, a thousand journey begins with one step. You have made the first step, congratulations. Don't stop, keep going, you will reach your destination. You will get there Lynn. I believe you can. 

Bonne chance!

--JK